In This Issue…
• Are you signed up for OBA Annual Washington Visit?
• Deadline approaching to apply for 2018-19 OBA Emerging Leaders Academy
• Save the dates for upcoming major OBA events!
• OBA education corner …
Are you signed up for OBA Annual Washington Visit?
The OBA’s Annual Washington Visit has been scheduled for Sept. 30-Oct. 2 and the hotel will be the Marriott Marquis Washington D.C.
Registration information should have already hit your bank, but you can also download the registration and information form, and get more info on the hotel, by clicking here.
If you have any questions, contact Adrian Beverage at the OBA. In the meantime, enjoy this short clip of highlights from last year’s Washington Visit!
Webinar on fighting elder abuse replay available
Recently, the Oklahoma Bankers Association and Oklahoma County Sheriff’s Office joined forces for a webinar concerning elder abuse, including the financial aspects of such abuse. The webinar featured the OBA’s Elaine Dodd, and gave great insight on what banks can do to help fight scams against older Americans.
Click here to access the replay of the webinar.
Bankers invited to meet lieutenant governor candidate
The OBA would like to invite all bank employees to a meet and greet with lieutenant governor candidate Matt Pinnell before the Republican run-off election. The event will take place at 1:15-2:30 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 17, at the OBA’s Harris Events Center.
This isn’t a fundraiser for Pinnell, it’s an opportunity to ask him about his plan for moving Oklahoma forward.
Pinnell is a proud Oklahoman who has devoted his professional career to advancing our conservative causes and principles. He has served as the Oklahoma Republican Party chairman, where he focused on charting a new course for the state party and helped deliver victories for the hard-working men and women of Oklahoma and their families.
The youngest state Republican Party chairman in the country at the time of his election, Pinnell helped the party secure all five congressional seats and every statewide elected office simultaneously for the first time in Oklahoma history.
In 2013, he went to work for conservatives as National State Party Director at the Republican National Committee, helping elect a Republican majority to the U.S. Senate in 2014 and helping Donald Trump win the White House in 2016. Most recently, he lead the transition of the newly appointed Republican National Committee chairman.
Pinnell knows what it takes to fight for smaller government, less regulation, and a pro-growth business environment. As our lieutenant governor, he will achieve that and more for Oklahoma families and job creators.
We strongly encourage you to bring as many employees as you can to this event and get to know him.
Please let Adrian (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the OBA know how many from your bank will be attending the event.
Deadline approaching to apply for 2018-19 OBA Emerging Leaders Academy
Take note the OBA 2018-19 Emerging Leaders Academy is currently accepting applications with the deadline of Aug. 24.
We’re looking for the best and brightest bankers who seek to sharpen their leadership skills. The Academy will help you reach new heights with powerful speakers offering information leaders need for effectively maneuvering in today’s business climate. Each session helps participants become true leaders by understanding those around you through non-traditional methods.
The OBA extends an invitation to any employee of a bank that is a member of the OBA to apply. A panel of bankers will review the applicants and choose those accepted into the Academy. Participants must attend all sessions to successfully graduate from the program.
There are six sessions to the Academy: Oct. 12, Nov. 9, Dec. 6, Jan. 11, Feb. 26, March 29. Graduation will take place at the 2019 OBA Annual Convention (registration fee waived upon completion of the Academy)
Click here for more information or to apply! For more information, please contact Megan McGuire at (405) 424-5252 or email@example.com.
Also, take a second to see some highlights from the 2017-18 Academy below!
Save the dates for upcoming major OBA events!
The dates are set for the 2019 OBA Senior Management Conference as well as the 2019 OBA Convention. Put these dates and locations on your calendar for early planning!
- 2019 OBA Senior Management Conference, Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass, Phoenix, Arizona, April 7-9.
- 2019 OBA Convention, Edmond Convention Center and Hilton Garden Inn, Edmond, May 20-22.
Also, the dates for the OBA Bankers’ Night Out programs have been finalized. Mark your calendar for the date of the program that’s in your area of the state and plan to attend. Bring your coworkers with you so that everyone can be up to speed on the most recent developments affecting their job.
As in the past, the schedule for each of these meetings is: 5:30 p.m. – drinks; 6:15 p.m. – program; 7 p.m. – dinner.
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. The cost is $40 per person. Click here for registration information.
Locations and dates for this year’s events are:
- Woodward, Sept. 20.
- Lawton, Sept. 25.
- Oklahoma City, Sept. 26.
- Krebs, Oct. 9.
- Tulsa, Oct. 16.
- Stillwater, Oct. 18.
OBA education corner …
Schools are starting and football is around the corner so it feels summer is nearing an end, even if the weather outside doesn’t agree. One thing that is ending, though, is the usual summer respite from live seminars and events from the OBA’s education department. Many things are on the horizon! Take note of the following:
- 2018 Analyzing Financial Statements, Sept. 19-21, Oklahoma City — Commercial lending officers, credit department personnel, loan review personnel and operations personnel interested in learning more about commercial lending will benefit from this three-day course.
- The ACH Audit & Risk Assessment: What You Need to Know, Aug. 29, webinar — Spend two hours with an ACH Auditor and hear what she looks for when performing the ACH Audit and ACH Risk Assessment.
- 60 Critical Steps for Properly Handling Delinquent Abandoned Safe Deposit Boxes, Aug. 30, webinar — At this workshop you will receive current information, step-by-step procedures and an in-depth explanation about how to handle these issues and how they impact on your financial institution and your safe deposit box renters.
- What to Do When a Customer Dies, Sept. 5, webinar — We’ll walk you through the complicated process of dealing with a customer’s death – both on the deposit side and the loan side, as well as unique issues when doing business with the decedent’s estate.
- Commercial Construction Lending, Sept. 5, webinar — This program provides an overview of the key steps involved in effectively administering commercial construction loans.
- Federal Benefit Payments Garnishment Requirements, Sept. 6, webinar — Compliance officers, legal counsel and financial institution personnel who process garnishment answers should think about tuning in.
- FFIEC Guidance on Employees’ Use of Social Media, Sept. 7, webinar — You may have a social media use policy; however, if you don’t train your employees on the potential risks of social media and why there is a policy your employees may not get the big picture.