Professional development plays a vital role in banking today. When bankers are well-trained for their jobs, everyone wins -- the bankers, their banks, shareholders and, of course, customers. Recognizing the critical importance of training, the Oklahoma Bankers Association offers an extensive lineup of seminars and schools covering almost every area of bank operations. See our events calendar for upcoming education events. We also provide timely Web seminars.
Several scholarships are now available to bankers from OBA-member banks for various graduate schools of banking. Applications should be submitted to the OBA’s Janis Reeser by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), regular mail (643 N.E. 41st St., OKC, 73105) or fax (405-424-4518). The scholarship recipients will be selected and announced no later than April 22.
Click on the links below for more specific information about each scholarship:
- GSB-Madison HR School Scholarship: $1,050 — Deadline: Feb. 3.
- GSB-Madison Prochnow Scholarship: $1,500 each of three years — Deadline: March 20.
- GSB-Colorado Future Leaders Scholarship: $1,460 each of three years — Deadline March 20.
- SWGSB Millennium Scholarship: $1,500 — Deadline March 20.
- GSB-LSU Emerging Leaders Scholarship: $4,445 — Deadline March 20.