In This Issue…
- OBA Convention room cutoff deadline this week!
- OBA, other state associations, ABA tout banking industry to Congress
- Send in your bank family photos!
- OBA education corner …
OBA Convention room cutoff deadline this week!
The cutoff for reserving a room in the OBA’s room block at convention next month has been extended to Friday, April 28.
The special OBA group rate of $149 per night is now available through this work week. Click here for more information on the coming convention, a link to reserve a hotel room and a registration form. Also, click here for more information and to register for the convention golf tournament.
Don’t hesitate to reach out to the OBA for any additional information
OBA, other state associations, ABA tout banking industry to Congress
The U.S. banking system remains the deepest and most resilient in the world, and the diversity of banks serving communities across the country continues to be a source of strength for the nation’s economy, the OBA, the American Bankers Association and 50 other state bankers associations said last week in a letter to congressional leaders.
The groups noted that while the recent failures of Silicon Valley Bank and Signature Bank need to be examined carefully, neither reflect the health and vitality of the overall sector.
“The nation’s 4,700 banks, including community banks, midsize banks, regional banks, and large, globally active banks, compete every day for Americans’ business,” the associations said. “While banks may have different business models and strengths, institutions succeed when they meet the needs of the communities they serve.”
Send in your bank family photos!
The Oklahoma Bankers Association and its member banks constitute a family … and the family is made up of many members we’d like to show off to everyone!
The 2023 OBA Convention takes place on May 8-10 and we’d enjoy the opportunity to brag about all our bank families! We’d sure appreciate it if each of our banks would send in a group photo of the employees at their bank, and we’ll feature those photos during our convention.
With nearly 200 banks and 20,000 bank employees across the state making up the OBA’s family tree, and we’d sure like to a see a large representative portion of those to display! Have a group photo from a previous event, or holiday, you’d like to show off, send it our way!
Send your bank’s photo(s) to the OBA’s Jeremy Cowen at email@example.com, or just point us in the right direction on your bank’s website or social media to grab one!
Annnnnd … don’t forget to register for convention! Check out the top story in today’s update for registration links!
OBA education corner …
Rain, rain, go away … just kidding, we know so many in our state need the liquid gold from the sky, and we hope your area is getting as much as the OBA offices are in Oklahoma City today! While you’re emulating donning your rain gear, take a little time to prepare for upcoming continuing education opportunities available through the OBA:
- ECOA Small Business Lending Data Collection, May 2, webinar — The NEW Small Business Lending Data Collection requirements found in the Equal Credit Opportunity Act, will greatly impact your institution’s commercial/business lending areas.
- Opening New Accounts – 3-Part Series, May 2-4, webinar — This webinar series will encompass opening personal, business, trust, minor, power of attorney, estate accounts and much more!
- Annual Staff Training for BSA and OFAC, May 2, webinar — The frontline is the first line of defense in the fight against financial fraud. As the eyes and ears on the ground, they play a critical role in protecting your institution and your customers from harm.
- Call Report for Beginners – 5-Part Series, May 5, webinar — The webinar series will generally cover the call report in schedule order, however, grouping certain schedules based upon reporting content will be woven into the curriculum.
- Unlocking Your Team’s Full Potential: Cutting-Edge Strategies for Employee Engagement and Retention, May 8, webinar — The Great Resignation has disrupted employers, and in turn, negatively impacted organizational engagement and culture. Focusing on engagement and culture is key to moving forward, but it may look different than it has before.
- Cyber-Regulatory Compliance in 2023 – What Do You Need to Know, May 9, webinar — Since the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act was passed in November of 1999, financial institutions in the U.S. have been required to build and manage an Information Security Program, based on a risk assessment, that ensures the safety of confidential customer information.
- New Banker Training, May 9, webinar — Are you new to our industry and feeling a little lost? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Join us as we look at the ins and outs of the federal reserve system, regulations, regulators and how banks make money.
- CRA Essentials, May 11, webinar — The federal bank regulatory agencies have not overhauled the Community Reinvestment Act regulations since 1995, but they have constantly tinkered with the rules.