In This Issue…
- We are family: OBA Convention open for registration
- SBA issues final rule, stops 7(a) lender moratorium
- 2023 OBA Directory of Banks available for purchase
- OBA education corner …
We are family: OBA Convention open for registration
The Oklahoma Bankers Association and its member banks constitute a family … and the family is made up of many members. Nearly 200 banks and 20,000 bank employees across the state constitute the OBA’s family tree, and we’d sure like to a see a large representative portion of those at our annual convention on May 8-10!
This year’s convention has the theme “We are family” and will be held at the Embassy Suites in Norman. We hope as many banks and bankers as possible take part in our little family reunion this year!
Click here for more information and a registration form. Also, click here for more information and to register for the convention golf tournament. Don’t hesitate to reach out to the OBA for any additional information
SBA issues final rule, stops 7(a) lender moratorium
The Small Business Administration issued a final rule last week to lift the moratorium on the number of non-depository lenders in the 7(a) program.
Through the 7(a) program, banks and other lenders provide loans to underserved small businesses.
The number of non-depository institutions in the program has been capped at 14 institutions for decades, but that cap is eliminated under the rule.
2023 OBA Directory of Banks available for purchase
The 2023 OBA Directory of Banks is now ready to buy!
This essential reference includes financial data, important information about all Oklahoma banks, savings and loans, savings banks and holding companies, key personnel by function and title, answers to rules and regulations, legislators, state and national agencies, courthouses, fast-find inde, and much more!
Each Directory is $40 per copy for OBA-member bankers, and $60 for non-members. Price breaks are available for larger bulk buys. Click here for more information!
OBA education corner …
Spring football games, baseball games, people at the park … it’s most certainly springtime in Oklahoma! If you can avoid being blown away by the winds, it’s surely something to enjoy! While you’re emulating a sunflower, take a little time to prepare for upcoming continuing education opportunities available through the OBA:
- Annual Deposit Regulation Training, April 25, webinar — Discover the key regulations and take your understanding to the next level. Get ready to be amazed as focused training transforms you into a regulatory hero.
- ECOA Small Business Lending Data Collection, May 2, webinar — The NEW Small Business Lending Data Collection requirements found in the Equal Credit Opportunity Act, will greatly impact your institution’s commercial/business lending areas.
- Opening New Accounts – 3-Part Series, May 2-4, webinar — This webinar series will encompass opening personal, business, trust, minor, power of attorney, estate accounts and much more!
- Annual Staff Training for BSA and OFAC, May 2, webinar — The frontline is the first line of defense in the fight against financial fraud. As the eyes and ears on the ground, they play a critical role in protecting your institution and your customers from harm.
- Call Report for Beginners – 5-Part Series, May 5, webinar — The webinar series will generally cover the call report in schedule order, however, grouping certain schedules based upon reporting content will be woven into the curriculum.