In This Issue…
- Select your Emerging Leaders chair
- OCC publishes interest rate risk statistics
- OBA education corner …
Select your Emerging Leaders chair
The OBA has heard from bankers interested in serving as chair of the Emerging Leaders Division. This position is open to any OBA Emerging Leaders who are currently enrolled in OBA Emerging Leaders Academy or had previously graduated from an OBA Leadership Academy.
The Emerging Leaders chair will serve a two-year term and will work closely with OBA staff to continue to build and direct the OBA Emerging Leaders program. The chair will also serve as a member on the OBA Board of Directors. To learn more about the candidates, click the names below to read their bios and then cast your vote.
- Luis Aita, First Bethany Bank, Bethany
- Tyler Grey, BancFirst, Guthrie
- Simeon Hamidi, NBC Oklahoma, Oklahoma City
- Justin Henry, Valliance Bank, Oklahoma City
- Missy Johnson, Citizens Bank of Ada, Ada
- Harrison Muegge, State Exchange Bank, Lamont
- Julie Stovall, American Exchange Bank, Okemah
- Eric Vickers, McClain Bank, Purcell
- Cody Zimmerman, Liberty National Bank, Elgin
All OBA Emerging Leaders are encouraged to learn more about the candidates and vote for the division chairperson. Click their individual names above or click here to access a document containing all bios. Click here to cast your vote. Voting will close Friday, April 15.
OCC publishes interest rate risk statistics
The OCC earlier this week published its semiannual report on interest rate risk data gathered during examinations of OCC-supervised midsize and community banks and federal savings associations. The statistics are for informational purposes only, and do not represent OCC-suggested limits or exposures, the agency noted.
Click here to view to report at OCC.gov.
OBA education corner …
Spring has sprung! Dodge raindrops and tornadoes, and as you do so, try to sit down to plan out your upcoming continuing educational schedule, including the following:
- Alert! OFAC Russia-related Designations; Belarus Designations, April 13, webinar — During this webinar, we will review the new Russia-related sanctions.
- Understanding Revocable and Irrevocable Trust Documents, April 13, webinar — This webinar will provide attendees information on doing business with trusts, including the best practices in establishing deposit account and loan relationships.
- Opening Fiduciary Accounts, April 14, webinar — During this program, we will review the set-up, documentation and legal issues involved in these high- risk accounts. You will learn how to style these accounts and get the signature card perfect every time.
- Commercial & Business Lending Basics for Support Personnel, April 18, webinar — This webinar is designed to take the “mystery” out of the commercial lending process and the confusing terminology often used by lenders.
- 2022 Spring HR Seminar, April 19, Oklahoma City — This seminar will bring you up to date on legal compliance issues and pending legislation for the future.
- Essential Teller Issues Seminars, April 19-Tulsa; April 20-Oklahoma City; April 21-Enid — The program zeroes in on six modules that remind your tellers of the importance of what they do, how they do it, what they say, and how they deliver customer service.
- Employment Records and How To Keep Them, April 22, webinar — This program provides information not just on what records you should keep and for how long, but on the several underlying and even more important issues of record creation, storage, and the DON’TS which create the major liabilities.
- 2022 Rural Bankers/Ag Conference, April 28, Oklahoma City — Bankers in agricultural and rural markets should plan to attend this year’s conference, which several great speakers!
Finally, NOW is the time to get involved in your Association, and one good way to accomplish this is to join one of our committees! We are now taking names for those interested in our committees for the 2021-20220 year. By participating with the group three to four times a year, you learn more about your profession, meet other bankers, share ideas and become better at what you do. Click here to download an interest form!