In This Issue…
- OBA Convention kicks off Monday, May 24!
- 2021 OBA Directory of Banks available
- Set your sights on Vegas this June for the 2021 Senior Management Forum
- OBA education corner …
OBA Convention kicks off Monday, May 24!
The Oklahoma Bankers Association 2021 Convention is set for May 24-26 in Oklahoma City, with the brand-new Omni Hotel as the host locale.
Esther George, president and CEO of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, will speak at the 2021 OBA Convention on Wednesday, May 26. Her session will last from 9-9:45 a.m., and will be titled “Economic Outlook”.
Click here for more information and to register for the event, as well as to find more information on the Convention Golf Tournament, which will happen early Monday afternoon of convention.
You can also bookmark our dedicated mobile web page for the convention, which includes the schedule, speaker bios, sponsors and more. Click here to visit the page. Those on iPhones can save the page on their home screen like an app by simply hitting the share button at the bottom of the screen (icon at center that looks like a square with an arrow in the middle pointing up) and clicking “Add to Home Screen”. Android users can do the same by going to the page, hitting the share button (icon at far right that looks like three parallel lines) and clicking the same add to home screen button.
You can contact the OBA education department with any other questions at 405-424-5252. Remember that current local COVID-19 guidelines will be followed during the convention.
2021 OBA Directory of Banks available
The latest edition of the OBA Directory of Banks are in and now available for order.
This essential reference includes important information about all Oklahoma banks, savings and loans, savings banks and holding companies. It also has key personnel listed as well as a fast-find index and more!
Set your sights on Vegas this June for the 2021 Senior Management Forum
Pack your bags and mark your calendars because the Oklahoma Bankers Association 2021 Senior Management Forum is scheduled for Jun 20-22 at the Bellagio in Las Vegas.
This year’s conference features an exciting lineup of speakers, but one of the key benefits in the conference will be talking with your peers. Attendees at the OBA 2021 Senior Management Forum will be surrounded by those with similar titles, similar workloads, similar problems and likely solutions to issues that can be just as similar.
Click here to view details and to register. If you have any questions or want to get signed up, contact the OBA’s education department at 405-424-5252.
OBA education corner …
Summer is just around the corner! Check out the new OBA education events below.
NOTE: Effective March 16, 2020, and until further notice, TTS (our webinar provider) has extended the OnDemand access period for all ‘Live Plus Five (Days)’ registrants to 60 days (versus five business days). Also, they are waiving the $75 per location fee for additional locations.
- Electronic Returned Items: Meeting Error Resolution Requirements, webinar, May 25 — In this session we will review the specific error resolution requirements of Reg E, discuss procedural best practices and provide tips on documenting your investigation.
- Deposit Regulations: The Basics, webinar, May 26 — During the webinar, each regulation will be discussed spotlighting the front line issues and how to handle them. This webinar will help your staff determine if we are in a regulation and if so to determine the course of action.
- Introduction to ACH: The Basics, webinar, May 27 — This session is designed for those that are new to operations and those that want to confirm they really understand ACH.
- Attacking the Human Element, webinar, May 27 — This discussion will highlight the advancements in cyber-crime and social engineering that are targeting our people resources. Best practices will be discussed for processes necessary to improve the weakest links in our institutions.
- Beneficial Ownership Update: Where Are We Now?, webinar , June 1 — A line-by-line look at the new AML Act of 2020 passed in 2021 beneficial ownership requirements and definitions.
- Onboarding Your New Hire, webinar , June 1 — Aimed at management and anyone that hires, trains and onboards new employees, this program will allow participants to excel at this important process.
- Online Account Opening, webinar , June 2 — During the program we will discuss the action steps required on your internet website to comply with new account opening procedures on all types of deposit accounts.
- How to Craft an Effective Commercial Loan Write-Up, webinar , June 7 — The session will begin with a brief overview of loan write-ups or credit memorandums including types, styles, and necessary component parts (relationship information, financial analysis, management review, and risk assessment/mitigation).
- New BSA Officer Training, webinar , June 8 — You will go from panic to calm, as this program will break down the components of the regulation, the exam manual and the functions so that you can begin to look at each piece one at a time.