In This Issue…
- Federal banking agencies release 2018 CRA data on lending
- Nondeductible portion of OBA dues calculated
- OBA education corner …
Federal banking agencies release 2018 CRA data on lending
The 700 banks that reported 2018 Community Reinvestment Act data concerning their work in small business, small farm and community development lending had the information released this week by the federal banking agencies.
You can read all the info, data and statistics regarding the 2018 CRA lending data by clicking here.
Nondeductible portion of OBA dues calculated
The calculation representing the nondeductible portion of member dues attributable to lobbying expenditures has been made for the OBA’s year ending April 30, 2019.
The source of the information used to determine this percentage included the Association’s general ledger and an estimate of the percentage of time related to applicable personnel’s involvement with lobbying activities by management of the Association. The OBA has reviewed the details involved in the calculation and have indicated it appears to represent the lobbying expenses for the year ending April 30, 2019.
As a result of these procedures, it has been determined the applicable percentage, as previously described to be 15.47 percent.
If you have any questions, please contact Lea Ann Jackson at the OBA.
OBA education corner …
The weather definitely turned chilly this week. But, knowing Oklahoma, it’ll likely be 60 degrees again by Friday! While you’re pondering the meteorological mysteries of our fair state, take a moment to check out the upcoming seminar, webinars, schools and conferences!
- Best-Ever Compliance Checklists for Consumer Loans, Jan. 6, webinar — The colorful and easy-to-use checklists are designed to chronologically lead lenders and processors through the various compliance requirements, and financial institutions that properly use these checklists will virtually eliminate compliance errors.
- Beneficial Ownership: Where Are We Now?, Jan. 6, webinar — Get updated on beneficial ownership rules in 2020.
- Basic Business Entities & Other Commercial Borrowers, Jan. 8, webinar — This webinar presents a survey of requirements, characteristics, advantages, disadvantages plus creation and documentation issues for the most frequently used types of business entities.
- Writing Marijuana Procedures and Policy, Jan. 8, webinar — This look at the federal picture and the state picture will help you with your thought process in developing a pro or con policy for your financial institution.
- Key Ratios Seminar, Jan. 15 – Tulsa; Jan. 16 – Oklahoma City — Attend this proactive seminar and learn a “five-step” analysis plan to calculate the key ratios covering liquidity, activity, leverage, operating performance and cash flow analysis and correctly interpret the financial condition of the business client.
- 2020 OBA Intermediate Banking School, Feb. 3-7/June 1-5, Oklahoma City — Presented in two sessions, the school is designed to instill an appreciation for and an understanding of the operations and interrelationships of departments within a bank.