In This Issue…
- FDIC releases results of Summary of Deposits annual survey
- OBA Bankers’ Night Out programs start this month!
- Deadline extended one week to order 2020 Oklahoma Views & Vistas Calendar
- OBA education corner …
FDIC releases results of Summary of Deposits annual survey
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation late last week released results of its annual survey of branch office deposits for all FDIC-insured institutions as of June 30, 2019. The FDIC’s Summary of Deposits (SOD) provides deposit totals for each of the more than 86,000 domestic offices operated by more than 5,300 FDIC-insured commercial and savings banks, savings associations, and U.S. branches of foreign banks.
The SOD includes historical data going back to 1994 that can be analyzed using online reports, tables and downloads. SOD users can locate bank offices in a particular geographic area and create custom market share reports for areas such as state, county, and metropolitan statistical area. Market share reports have been expanded to allow users to see market growth and market presence for specific institutions.
Users may also subscribe to receive annual email notifications of the SOD.
OBA Bankers’ Night Out programs start this month!
The dates for the OBA Bankers’ Night Out programs have been finalized. Mark your calendar for the date of the program that’s in your area of the state and plan to attend. Bring your coworkers with you so that everyone can be up to speed on the most recent developments affecting their job. In addition to state and federal legislative updates, the program will include a discussion on the recent developments in your industry.
As in the past, the schedule for each of these meetings is:
5:30 p.m. – Drinks
6:15 p.m. – Program
7 p.m. – Dinner
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. The cost is $50 per person. Click here for a registration form.
Locations and dates for this year’s events are:
- Oklahoma City, Sept. 24.
- Krebs, Sept. 26.
- Lawton, Oct. 9.
- Woodward, Oct. 10.
- Tulsa, Oct.22.
- Ardmore, Oct. 23.
Deadline extended one week to order 2020 Oklahoma Views & Vistas Calendar
The 2020 Oklahoma Views & Vista Calendar is now ready to be purchased – order yours by Sept. 20 to get the special low price of just $1.09 per calendar.
The 2020 Oklahoma Views & Vistas calendar will feature beautiful photos of the great state of Oklahoma submitted by Oklahoma bankers and their families. Your bank name and logo can be printed on each calendar you order for an eye-catching display in your customers’ homes and businesses year-round. The calendars are being offered exclusively to OBA-member banks.
Click here to download an order form.
OBA education corner …
Fall has been here officially now for almost three weeks … but someone forgot to notify Mother Nature! While you’re waiting for the cooler weather to finally arrive, make sure to partake in some OBA education opportunities! Take note of the following:
- TRID: All About Construction Loans, Sept. 25, webinar — Join us for a two-hour webinar on the ins and outs of disclosing construction loans under TRID.
- Vital Checks and Deposit Issues, Sept. 26, webinar — These operational and day to day dealings with your customer may lead your institution into liability without anyone’s knowledge till there is a lawsuit.
- Call Reports: RC-C Loan Coding and Related RC-R Reporting, Sept. 27, webinar — Loan information on the Call Report provides critical credit information for regulators, especially in today’s environment.
- FFIEC Guidance on Employees’ Use of Social Media, Sept. 30, webinar — The use of social media continues to increase as do the risks associated with its use, everyone should become familiar with this important guidance.
- 2019 Supervisor Bootcamp, Oct. 1-2, Oklahoma City — Supervisor Boot Camp will help you build essential traits such as leadership, professional maturity and emotional IQ.
- 2019 Teller Seminar, Oct. 2, Tulsa — The program zeroes in on six modules that remind your tellers of the importance of what they do, how they do it, what they say and how they deliver customer service.
- 20 Tasks of the New Account Interview, Oct. 3, webinar — This webinar will inform you about the deposit compliance rules and tasks you must follow and help you turn uncomfortable customer interviews into friendly and supportive conversations.
- Agriculture Loan Documentation & Administration, Oct. 7, webinar — This webinar will provide bankers with an essential understanding of agricultural collateral, the risks presented by agricultural lending, agricultural loan documentation and loan administration.
- 2019 OBA Consumer Lending School, Oct. 7-11, Oklahoma City — The total program of this school exposes students to major issues consumer credit managers face. It provides a framework for examining a bank’s consumer credit programs, policies and procedures.
- 2019 Real Estate Lending Compliance Seminar, Oct. 16, Oklahoma City — The program provides an overview of the real estate lending requirements from ten regulations, along with comprehensive coverage of selected topics, policy suggestions, employee training tips, audit techniques and steps to eliminate past problems.
- IRA Basics Seminar and IRA Update/Review Seminars, Nov. 5, Tulsa; Nov. 6, Tulsa; Nov. 7. Oklahoma City; and Nov. 8, Oklahoma City — There are so many pieces to building the IRA foundation of knowledge that it takes a lot of nuts and bolts and “brain-power” to hold it all together. Just when you finally grasp it, they change the rules again! The goal of these two days at each location is to raise your comfort level if you are a rookie and to reinforce your knowledge if you have a higher level of experience.
Also, Oklahoma State University’s Department of Agricultural Economics will host its annual Rural Economic Outlook Conference on Oct. 9 in Stillwater. This conference will cover ag policy highlights, ag finance topics and other similar information. For more information, click here!