In This Issue…
- Send it your bank family photos!
- Upcoming Oklahoma Banker newspaper combines April, May issues
- Deadline for OBA scholarship approaching
- OBA partners with ODP Business Solutions for member discounts
- Welcome, new strategic members
- OBA education corner …
Send in your bank family photos!
The Oklahoma Bankers Association and its member banks constitute a family … and the family is made up of many members we’d like to show off to everyone!
The 2023 OBA Convention takes place on May 8-10 and we’d enjoy the opportunity to brag about all our bank families! We’d sure appreciate it if each of our banks would send in a group photo of the employees at their bank, and we’ll feature those photos during our convention.
With nearly 200 banks and 20,000 bank employees across the state making up the OBA’s family tree, and we’d sure like to a see a large representative portion of those to display!
Send your bank’s photo(s) to the OBA’s Jeremy Cowen at email@example.com, or just point us in the right direction on your bank’s website or social media to grab one!
Upcoming Oklahoma Banker newspaper combines April, May issues
Just passing along a quick editor’s note … the April issue of Oklahoma Banker newspaper, which would normally hit banks this week, will be combined into a special “April/May” issue.
The issue will hit banks in the last week of April.
With the 2023 OBA Convention taking place early in May, this April/May issue will serve as the “Special Convention Issue” and will feature bios on the 2023-2024 OBA Board of Directors, inductees into the OBA 50-Year Club, and features on the incoming and outgoing OBA chairs.
The newspaper will return to its regular printing schedule afterward, with the next issue being June.
Deadline for OBA scholarship approaching
Each year, the OBA awards a $1,000 scholarship to an incoming freshman who has a parent, grandparent, sibling or spouse who is a Professional Member of the Association.
The student must enroll in an accredited Oklahoma institution of higher education. The applicant must also be graduating from an Oklahoma high school. A panel of bankers will select the winning applicant.
OBA partners with ODP Business Solutions for member discounts
The OBA has partnered with ODP Business Solutions (Office Depot) to provide association members significant discounts on a wide range of office and banking supplies, furniture, print and copy services, promotional products, break room provisions and more.
Below is a list of the April coupons for use by our member bankers:
Welcome, new strategic members
The OBA extends a welcome to our newest strategic members:
PNC Capital Markets
The PNC Financial Institutions Group under PNC Capital Markets helps domestic banks achieve their strategic goals. Our value-driven strategies are specifically designed around the needs of community banks including balance sheet management, fixed income, hedging solutions, strategic planning, investment banking and capital markets advisory and execution. As part of one of the largest domestic financial institutions, the breadth and depth of our overall platform is unique and critical to building strong and lasting relationships with banks of all sizes.
Contact: Amy Orendi
200 Crescent Court, Suite 400
Dallas, TX 75201
Phone: (412) 395-6902, Cell: (267) 254-7409
Arledge & Associates, P.C.
Arledge is a local public accounting firm that provides various accounting services to Oklahoma businesses. Services include financial statement audits, director’s examinations, agreed upon procedures, engagements, tax services and other consulting services
Contact: Derek Alonzo & LaDonna Sinning
309 N Bryant Ave.
Edmond, OK 73034
Phone: (405) 842-0028 (405) 348-0615
OBA education corner …
The weather is here, wish you were beautiful! Wait … that’s backward, oops! You get what we’re trying to say! With apologies to Jimmy Buffett for the previous gaffe, do take a little time to prepare for upcoming continuing education opportunities available through the OBA:
- Overdraft Requirements & Best Practices, April 18, webinar — Get ready to dive into the regulatory requirements, guidance, and examiner expectations related to overdrafts, all presented in plain English.
- Navigating the Complex World of Commercial Loan Compliance, April 19, webinar — Join us where we’ll venture beyond the basics and reveal the secrets to putting the right protections and safeguards in place. Get ready to review the critical documentation for a commercial loan, including collateral security documents, and learn best practices for the underwriting process.
- Demystifying Trusts: A Guide to Establishing Deposit Account and Loans, April 20, webinar — This webinar will provide attendees with information on doing business with trusts, including the best practices in establishing deposit account and loan relationships.
- Annual Deposit Regulation Training, April 25, webinar — Discover the key regulations and take your understanding to the next level. Get ready to be amazed as focused training transforms you into a regulatory hero.
- Essential Teller Issues, April 25-Tulsa; April 26-Oklahoma City; April 27-Krebs— The program zeroes in on six modules that remind your tellers of the importance of what they do, how they do it, what they say, and how they deliver customer service.