In This Issue…
- Oklahoma Bankers Hall of Fame unveils 2022 inductees
- Bank commercials with college athletes? Why not!
- OBA education corner …
Oklahoma Bankers Hall of Fame unveils 2022 inductees
The OBA is proud to announce the group of inductees for the Oklahoma Bankers Hall of Fame, with the ceremony set for Dec. 8 in Oklahoma City.
Dr. Sinclair Armstrong Jr., chairman of the board at Armstrong Bank in Muskogee; Shirley Barber, former president and CEO of Security State Bank in Cheyenne and the first female member of the Oklahoma Bankers Association Board of Directors; Robert H. Croak, chairman of the board at FNB Community Bank in Midwest City; and the late John Massey, longtime chairman of the board at First United Bank in Durant, will comprise the fourth group to be inducted into the Hall of Fame, as voted on by a panel of their banking industry peers.
The ceremony will be held over lunch on Dec. 8 at the Oklahoma History Center in Oklahoma City. Stay tuned to the OBA website and upcoming OBA Updates for registration and ticket info for the event.
Bank commercials with college athletes? Why not!
In the latest edition of the ABA Bank Marketing online magazine, an article discusses college athletes starring in bank marketing materials following the Name/Image/Likeness rule changes by the NCAA.
How do these changes impact bank marketers, and in a state, such as Oklahoma, where college athletes are among the most visible and marketable “stars”, what are some of the legal and compliance hurdles of which bankers should remain aware if using them?
Click here to read the entire article from ABA Bank Marketing.
OBA education corner …
It’s just odd to think it’s already November and we’re mere weeks away from Thanksgiving and then, gulp … CHRISTMAS MUSIC. While preparing for the upcoming jangly earworms, think about about upcoming continuing education opportunities available through the OBA:
- Preventing Human Smuggling, Human Trafficking, Elder Fraud and Identity Theft, Nov. 8, webinar — During this program we will conduct staff training to detect and prevent four big crimes against your customers.
- Strategies for Succession Planning and Talent Management, Nov. 10, webinar — Every company, regardless of industry, is trying to figure out how to attract and retain the right talent. Organizations are also striving to achieve their goals and fulfill their vision described in their strategic plan.
- Most Common TRID Issues, Nov. 16, webinar — Our goal is to ensure you understand where the TRID rules can create uncertainty and risk, and insulate your institution as much as possible from noncompliance.
- Lending 101, Nov. 16, webinar — In this unique webinar, Anne Lolley will provide an overview of federal compliance laws. This is a great training tool for newer lenders and processors, and the webinar will help even experienced bankers understand the source of the various requirements.
- Commercial and Industrial Lending in Today’s Competitive Market, Nov. 21, webinar — This webinar will cover Commercial and Industrial (C&I) loan products including working capital lines of credit, ABL facilities and equipment financing (loans/leases) and their typical structure.
- 2022 Risk Management Seminar, Nov. 29, Oklahoma City — Session is geared to a wide audience of: new risk managers who have been promoted from within, existing risk managers who want to sharpen their skills to become a CRO and seasoned CROs who need to expand their knowledge base to include operational risk or market risk.
Also, mark your calendars for the 2023 OBA Senior Management Forum! The Forum is set for April 2-4 at the Bellagio in Las Vegas. Look for more information in the coming months!