In This Issue…
- ABA elects officers, board for 2022-23
- OBA Oktoberfest Golf Tournament set for Oct. 24
- OBA education corner …
ABA elects officers, board for 2022-23
AUSTIN, Texas — Members attending the American Bankers Association’s annual convention in Austin, Texas, have elected new ABA officers and directors to serve on ABA’s board for the 2022-2023 association year. The new officers are:
- CHAIR: Daniel Robb, president and CEO, Jonesburg State Bank, Jonesburg, Missouri.
- CHAIR-ELECT: Julieann Thurlow, president and CEO, Reading Cooperative Bank, Reading, Massachusetts.
- VICE CHAIR: John Asbury, chief executive officer, Atlantic Union Bancshares Corp., Richmond, Virginia.
- TREASURER: Carissa Rodeheaver, chairman, president and CEO, First United Bank & Trust, Oakland, Maryland.
Beginning new terms on the ABA board are:
- Brent Beardall, president and CEO, WaFd Bank, Seattle.
- Cheryl Bowers, president and CEO, Rondout Savings Bank, Kingston, New York.
- John Ciulla, president and CEO, Webster Financial Corporation, Stamford, Connecticut.
- Simon Cruz, director, president and CEO, Intercredit Bank, Coral Gables, Florida.
- Larry Myers, president and CEO, First Savings Bank, Jeffersonville, Indiana.
- K. Wayne Wicker, chairman and CEO, South Atlantic Bank, Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
The above board members will join ABA President and CEO Rob Nichols, who also serves as an officer, and the following current or appointed directors continuing their terms on ABA’s board:
- Andrew Anderson, president, CEO and CFO, Bank of Anguilla, Anguilla, Mississippi.
- Bryan D. Bruns, president and CEO, Lake Central Bank, Annandale, Minnesota.
- Kenneth Kelly, chairman and CEO, First Independence Bank, Detroit, Michigan.
- James S. (Chip) Mahan III, chairman and CEO, Live Oak Bancshares, Wilmington, North Carolina.
- James J. McQuade, president and CEO, Dollar Bank, Pittsburgh.
- Dave D. Nelson, president and CEO, West Bancorporation, Inc., West Des Moines, Iowa.
- Catherine Owen, chairman and CEO, State Holding Company, Little Rock, Arkansas, and chair of the ABA Government Relations Council.
- Jennifer Piepszak, Co-CEO, Consumer & Community Banking, JPMorgan Chase, New York.
- B. Michael Rauh, Jr., president and CEO, Chelsea Groton Bank, Groton, Connecticut.
- Ira Robbins, chairman and CEO, Valley National Bancorp, Wayne, New Jersey.
- Kevin Sabin, president and CEO, Arvest Bank, Fayetteville, Arkansas.
- A. Scott Anderson, president and CEO, Zions Bank, Salt Lake City, and chair of the ABA Nominating Committee.
- Fred L. Green III, president and CEO, South Carolina Bankers Association, Columbia, South Carolina, and chair of the ABA State Banker Association Alliance.
- Sarah A. Long, president, CEO and treasurer, Delaware Bankers Association, Dover, Delaware, and vice chair of the ABA State Banker Association Alliance.
OBA Oktoberfest Golf Tournament set for Oct. 24
Show off your golfing skills or simply join your banking peers as a social registrant at the 2022 OBA Oktoberfest Golf Tournament on Oct. 24 at River Oaks Golf Club in Edmond.
The tournament fee is $150 and the registration deadline is Oct. 20. The tournament will begin with registration and lunch. Immediately following the tournament, we will hold an awards ceremony. Sign up now to reserve your spot. We hope to see you on the course!
Not golfing? Join your banking peers as a social attendee for lunch, refreshments and fellowship on the patio. Social attendee registration fee is $50.
Click here to access the registration form. If you are interested in sponsorship opportunities, contact Thi Pham.
10 a.m. — Registration
11 a.m. — Lunch
12 p.m. — Shotgun Start
Immediately Following Golf — Awards
OBA education corner …
October is here and you can almost smell the pumpkin spice! But while sniffing the air, don’t forget about upcoming continuing education opportunities available through the OBA, including the following:
- Marketing and Advertising Compliance – 2-Part Series, Oct. 12 & 25, webinar — This is a two-part webinar series that covers the comprehensive landscape of marketing and advertising compliance requirements. In these webinars we’ll provide many examples of how the rules apply as well as recommendations on how to deal with all the requirements.
- 2022 Fair Lending Issues, Oct. 13, Oklahoma City — This seminar is designed to make attendees aware of court rulings, announcements from the administration and federal agencies, and recent enforcement actions.
- Bi-Monthly Compliance Briefing – October 2022, Oct. 14, webinar — A bi-monthly update to help you keep up with changes and deadlines in the compliance area in a quick and easy format.
- Advanced Tax Return Analysis for the Banker, Oct. 17, webinar — This webinar will provide the banker with several advanced tax return concepts and related analyses to help them more effectively work with their business customers.
- AML: Human Trafficking From a Survivor, Oct. 18, webinar — It’s the world’s first one-of-a-kind training where survivors offer credible insight into the world of human trafficking, typologies and an explanation of how the money flows within organized crime settings.
- Legal Essentials for Lenders, Oct. 20, webinar — This program covers important legal issues and concepts which must be understood and consistently applied to avoid litigation and better serve customers.
- Writing an Effective Credit Memorandum, Oct. 21, webinar — Learn skills required to write an effective credit memorandum.
- Bank Directors Technology Symposium, Oct. 27, Oklahoma City — This half-day program is an opportunity for bank directors and the executive team to hear from industry leaders on technology and cybersecurity-related topics.
Plus, did you know that, by official proclamation, Oct. 26 is BSA/AML Professionals Day in Oklahoma? You can celebrate by joining the OBA’s 2022 Annual Advanced BSA/AML Compliance Updates, Oct. 25 in Tulsa and Oct. 26 in Oklahoma City! Be sure and register for these timely, one-day AML/BSA programs, which provide current trends and tools for today’s BSA officers and BSA team members. This program also assists financial institutions in meeting the annual training requirements by the BSA regulations.
Additionally, take note the Oklahoma State Agricultural Economics Extension will host the Rural Economic Outlook Conference on Oct. 12 in Stillwater. The Conference will touched on challenges facing U.S. agricultural producers and supply chain issues. Click here (.pdf) for more information.
Also, mark your calendars for the 2023 OBA Senior Management Forum! The Forum is set for April 2-4 at the Bellagio in Las Vegas. Look for more information in the coming months!
Finally, update your 2023 calendars for all the upcoming schools offered by the OBA!
- Intermediate Banking — Feb. 6-10; June 5-9.
- Commercial Lending — March 5-10.
- Compliance — Aug. 21-25.
- Consumer Lending — Oct. 2-6.
- Operations — Nov. 13-17.