In This Issue…
- Compliance Alliance offers demo days, complimentary access, exclusively for OBA members
- Thank you to 2021 Oklahoma Bankers Hall of Fame sponsors!
- OBA welcomes new strategic member
- OBA education corner …
Compliance Alliance offers demo days, complimentary access, exclusively for OBA members
Compliance Alliance is offering demo days for OBA members, allowing complimentary 48-hour trials of the service.
C/A is a subscription-based regulatory and consumer compliance advisory service with tools, hotlines, and document reviews. It’s unlimited, all-inclusive membership for services can benefit all areas of a bank, from the board to the front line of a bank. Along with 31 other state banking associations, the OBA serves as co-owners of Compliance Alliance to provide our member banks with ways to make regulatory compliance simple.
Below you will find three upcoming demo days exclusively for OBA members. Following the demo, you will be offered a complimentary 48-hr trial.
- 1 p.m., Wednesday, Dec. 8
- 1 p.m., Wednesday, Dec. 15
- 1 p.m., Wednesday, Dec. 22
- 1 p.m., Wednesday, Dec. 29
Thank you to 2021 Oklahoma Bankers Hall of Fame sponsors!
We want to pass along a hearty “thank you” to the sponsors of the Oklahoma Bankers Hall of Fame! Without you, it wouldn’t be possible to honor these deserving bankers!
OBA welcomes new strategic member
Sola Analytics delivers a comprehensive reporting, modeling, budgeting and risk-management solution designed to meet the unique needs of banks – including forecasting, stress testing, profitability analysis, and CECL. This Microsoft SQL Server and Excel based platform includes a full suite of banking-specific features. Due to the high-level of out-of-the-box functionality and flexible technology, a fully customized solution can be deployed in less than 60 days for most institutions.
Contact: Aaron Taylor
3100 Independence Pkwy, Suite 311-227
Plano, TX 75075
Phone: (405) 880-0255
OBA education corner …
We bet Mariah Carey has already belted an umpteenth version of “All I Want For Christmas Is You” in your office. Take your mind off the caroling diva and distract yourself with our upcoming education opportunities we have to offer, including the following:
NOTE: Effective March 16, 2020, and until further notice, TTS (our webinar provider) has extended the OnDemand access period for all ‘Live Plus Five (Days)’ registrants to 60 days (versus five business days).
- Notary Public, Dec. 14, webinar — Being a notary public is a responsibility assumed by many financial institution employees. Unfortunately, most do not understand the personal liability when agreeing to serve in this capacity. Notaries and others will learn best practices for dealing with issues unique to the financial industry. Help your team know their responsibilities, plus learn basic laws, liability and reviews of various notarial acts.
- BSA Year End Round Up, Dec. 15, webinar — Your year-end BSA wrap up will feature all areas of interest for BSA Officers as we close out one year and begin another. What is new and what is pending? This program will bring 2021 into focus for those of you managing BSA and all its parts.
- Quarterly Compliance Briefing: Winter 2021, Dec. 15, webinar — Keeping up with changes and deadlines in the compliance area gets more complex every year. Now, we can assist you with that task.
- Outsourced Third Party Risk Management Program, Dec. 20, webinar — Outsourced third party (vendor) risk management is a top priority with the regulators. Therefore, ensuring your Program is not only going to be effective but also meet with their expectations needs to be a priority for financial institutions. Susan Orr has assisted numerous institutions with developing their outsourced third party risk management program and will share her insights into developing an effective program in this webinar.
- Untangling the Web of Fee Disclosures, Dec. 21, webinar — This webinar will cover various topics including violations of financial rules contained in §1026.4 and the improper categorization of fees on the TRID disclosures.
- Director Compensation and Compensation Committee Best Practices, Dec. 22, webinar — This session summarizes relevant compensation regulations and their impacts on director pay.
- Loan Structure Documentation and Compliance Seminar, Jan. 12-Tulsa; Jan. 13-Oklahoma City — Attend this proactive seminar and receive a thorough overview of commercial lending requirements from a “loan” structure, documentation, and compliance perspective.
- 2022 OBA Intermediate School, Feb. 7-11, June 6-10, Oklahoma City — Presented in two sessions, this school is designed to prepare students to serve effectively and profitably the needs and desires of their banks and the banking public. A major objective of the program is to instill an appreciation for and an understanding of the operations and interrelationships of departments within a bank.