In This Issue…
- Fed report finds bank branch distance stable for customers
- Longtime OBA employee’s spouse passes away
- Interested in speaking at OBA events?
- 2021 Oklahoma Bankers Hall of Fame ceremony set for Dec. 2
- OBA education corner …
Fed report finds bank branch distance stable for customers
Despite an increase in bank consolidation over the past 20 years, the location of the nearest full-service bank branch for both urban customers has remained stable, and even slightly improved in the case of rural customers.
A new report by the Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland has found bank locations have remained stable at 1.5 miles for urban customers and has improved for rural customers, falling from 4.6 miles to 4.3 miles, over the past two decades. This comes despite an increase in bank consolidation in the same time span.
You can read the entire report, via the Cleveland Fed, by clicking here.
Longtime OBA employee’s spouse passes away
Many Oklahoma bankers know/remember Jim Davis, who was the member relations liaison for the OBA for several years.
Jim’s wife, Harriet, passed away earlier this month. They were married for more than 60 years. We just wanted our bankers to be aware and to keep Jim in your thoughts.
Click here for a link to Harriet’s obituary.
Interested in speaking at OBA events?
Do you have experience with public speaking? Share your knowledge with Oklahoma bankers at two upcoming 2022 OBA events: the OBA Senior Management Forum and the OBA Annual Convention. These annual events offer a nice mix of educational sessions along with social and networking activities.
2021 Oklahoma Bankers Hall of Fame ceremony set for Dec. 2
The OBA is proud to announce the group of inductees for the Oklahoma Bankers Hall of Fame, with the ceremony set for Dec. 2 in Oklahoma City.
Bruce Benbrook, a longtime Woodward banker who is currently CEO and chairman of The Stock Exchange Bank in Woodward; Steve Burrage, a southeastern Oklahoma stalwart who is chairman of FirstBank in Antlers; the Tulsa-area’s Carlisle Mabrey III, current executive chairman with Mabrey Bank, based in Bixby; and the late Tracy Kelly, a longtime Bristow banker who was a guiding force for SpiritBank, will comprise the third group to be inducted into the Hall of Fame, as voted on by a panel of their banking industry peers.
The luncheon and induction ceremony is scheduled for 11:30 a.m. on Thursday, Dec. 2 at the Oklahoma History Center, which is located at 800 Nazih Zuhdi Dr., in Oklahoma City.
If you are interested in attending the event, please RSVP by Nov. 26 to the OBA’s Nancy McKinnis (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Joan Anderson (email@example.com) at 405-424-5252. The cost for an individual seat is $75 and $700 for a table of 10.
For sponsorship or congratulatory messages, please contact Thi Pham (firstname.lastname@example.org) at 405-424-5252
OBA education corner …
It’s October, which means football, pumpkin beers and cool weather! OK, so we’re still waiting on the truly cool weather, but no need to miss out on the football and pumpkin beers! In the meantime, check out all the upcoming OBA education offerings, though! Take note of the following:
NOTE: Effective March 16, 2020, and until further notice, TTS (our webinar provider) has extended the OnDemand access period for all ‘Live Plus Five (Days)’ registrants to 60 days (versus five business days). Also, they are waiving the $75 per location fee for additional locations.
- All About Flood Insurance Compliance Requirements, Oct. 19, webinar — When it comes to flood insurance compliance there is a lot to remember and even more ways to mess it up.
- Advanced Commercial Loan Documentation, Oct. 20, webinar — This fast-paced seminar will focus on the purpose, use and content of the six core commercial loan documents: the promissory note, the loan agreement, the security agreement, the guaranty, the letter of credit and the subordination/intercreditor agreement.
- Ability to Repay/Qualified Mortgages Review and Update, Oct. 20, webinar — The Ability to Repay/Qualified Mortgage rules have always provided several options for compliance. Now one option is expiring, another option is undergoing major revisions, and a new option is being created.
- Legal Liabilities When Check Fraud Occurs, Oct. 21, webinar — This session will focus on the best practices that can be employed by banks rather than looking at any particular state’s laws.
- Wire Transfer Compliance, Oct. 21, webinar — In this session we will cover the regulatory requirements for both domestic and international wires, provide sample audit procedures and discuss how to identify and react to possible wire fraud attempts.
- Treasury Management: A Powerful Tool to Increase Deposits and Fee Income, Oct. 21, webinar — During this basic course, we will review the primary Treasury Management products and services that are available in the market.
- 2021 HMDA/Fair Lending Seminars, Oct. 26-Tulsa (HMDA/Fair Lending); Oct. 27-Oklahoma City (HMDA/Fair Lending) — These are separate seminars each day, with HMDA taking place in the mornings and Fair Lending in the afternoon: You can register for one separately, or for both.
- 2021 IRA Basics and Update Seminars, Nov. 3-Tulsa; Nov. 4-Oklahoma City — Whether you are looking to gain basic knowledge of IRAs, raise your comfort level or sharpen your skills with the most up-to-date rules and regulations, this two-day format will cover everything!