In This Issue…
- PPP direct loan forgiveness encouraged by SBA
- OBA Bankers’ Night Out programs begin in two weeks in Ardmore
- OBA Washington Visit to resume traditional format in 2022
- OBA Emerging Leaders Academy application deadline approaching
- Today is the last day to order 2022 Oklahoma Views and Vistas Calendar at early-bird rate
- OBA education corner …
PPP direct loan forgiveness encouraged by SBA
The Small Business Administration recently reiterated that lenders and borrowers can choose to participate in the Paycheck Protection Program direct forgiveness portal, which has received more than 600,000 applications in less than a month.
You can read more about the recent clarification from the SBA in the ABA Banking Journal by clicking here.
OBA Bankers’ Night Out programs begin in two weeks in Ardmore
The dates for the OBA Bankers’ Night Out programs have been finalized, with the Ardmore date coming soon. Mark your calendar for the date of the program that’s in your area of the state and plan to attend.
Bring your coworkers with you so that everyone can be up to speed on the most recent developments affecting their job. In addition to state and federal legislative updates, the program will include a discussion on the recent developments in your industry.
As in the past, the schedule for each of these meetings is:
5:30 p.m. – Drinks
6:15 p.m. – Program
7 p.m. – Dinner
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. The cost is $50 per person. Locations and dates for this year’s events are:
- Ardmore, Sept. 16.
- Krebs, Sept. 23.
- Tulsa, Oct. 12.
- Oklahoma City, Oct. 26.
- Woodward, Nov. 2.
- Lawton, Nov. 4.
Please note: We will monitor the state’s COVID climate and send any necessary updates before each event.
OBA Washington Visit to resume traditional format in 2022
The traditional OBA Washington Visit will resume in September 2022. Since we would not be able to meet with several agencies, the OBA will not travel to D.C. this fall. Watch for more information on a virtual offering held in conjunction with the ABA and other state bankers associations.
OBA Emerging Leaders Academy application deadline approaching
Take note the OBA 2021-22 Emerging Leaders Academy is currently accepting applications.
We’re looking for the best and brightest bankers who seek to sharpen their leadership skills. The Academy will help you reach new heights with powerful speakers offering information leaders need for effectively maneuvering in today’s business climate. Each session helps participants become true leaders by understanding those around you through non-traditional methods.
The OBA extends an invitation to any employee of a bank that is a member of the OBA to apply. A panel of bankers will review the applicants and choose those accepted into the Academy (maximum 30 bankers). Participants must attend all sessions to successfully graduate from the program.
There are six sessions to the Academy: Nov. 10, Dec. 9, Jan. 21, Feb. 15, March 25, April 29. Graduation will take place in May 2022 at the OBA Annual Convention.
Today is last day to order 2022 Oklahoma Views & Vistas Calendar at early-bird rate
The last day to get the early-bird rate for the 2022 Oklahoma Views & Vista Calendar is today – order yours by the end of the today (Aug. 31) to get the special low price of just 99 cents per calendar. Pricing after Aug. 31 is $1.09 per calendar. Final deadline to purchase is Sept. 15.
This is a great way to share your bank’s logo and information to your customers! Click here for more information and an order form.
OBA education corner …
Schools are starting and football is around the corner so it feels summer is nearing an end. Many things are on the horizon! Take note of the following:
NOTE: Effective March 16, 2020, and until further notice, TTS (our webinar provider) has extended the OnDemand access period for all ‘Live Plus Five (Days)’ registrants to 60 days (versus five business days). Also, they are waiving the $75 per location fee for additional locations.
- Best-Ever Compliance Checklists for Commercial Loans, Sept. 7, webinar — In addition to addressing compliance issues, this checklist (and the accompanying information) will provide “best practice” suggestions and reminders that commonly apply to commercial loans. We’ll include information on business-entity documentation, underwriting documents, guarantors and security interests.
- Best Practices in Processing Subpoenas, Garnishments and IRS Tax Levies, Sept. 8, webinar — This webinar will provide attendees with the best practices and red flags for dealing with the various legal documents served upon financial institutions. This webinar does NOT discuss the procedures mandated by particular state laws.
- Loan Documentation 101: Two-Part Series, Basic Secured Loan Doc-Sept. 8; Lien Perfection Business Collateral-Sept. 9 — Learn about loan documentation principles and specific classifications of collateral and language description requirements for UCC-1s and security agreements in this two-part webinar.
- Quarterly Compliance Briefing: Fall 2021, Sept. 9, webinar — Keeping up with changes and deadlines in the compliance area gets more complex every year. Now, we can assist you with that task.
- Writing Marijuana and Hemp Policy, Sept. 14, webinar — This look at the federal picture and the state picture will help you with your thought process in developing a pro or con policy for your financial institution.
- Today’s Ransomware Threat – Don’t Lose your Data, Sept. 15, webinar — Join us to recap the statistics related to ransomware and learn how to prepare for this growing threat. Numerous published best practices will be reviewed to assist our institutions to build stronger defenses. Lessons learned from case studies captured from real world ransomware tragedies will be reflected on.
- Real Estate Lending Compliance Seminar, Sept. 14-15, Oklahoma City — This two-day program provides an overview of the real estate lending requirements from ten regulations, along with comprehensive coverage of selected topics, policy suggestions, employee training tips, audit techniques and steps to eliminate past problems.
- 2021 Fall OBA/BKD Symposium, Sept. 29, Oklahoma City — This conference is a must-attend for all directors, CEOs, CFOs and others in the banking industry who are impacted by economic, accounting, credit, legal, taxation, regulatory or other issues impacting the banking industry. The conference features industry experts from BKD’s Financial Services Group, as well as leading outside experts from the legal, economic, strategic, risk management and regulatory areas.
- BSA Seminar, Oct. 13-Tulsa; Oct. 14-Oklahoma City — Be sure and register for this timely, one-day AML/BSA program which provides current trends and tools for today’s BSA Officers and BSA team members. This program also assists financial institutions in meeting the annual training requirements by the BSA regulations.
Also, the Graduate School of Banking in Madison, Wisconsin, and the Wisconsin School of Business Center for Professional and Executive Development are offering a FREE webinar on Sept. 14 on Inclusion and the Future of Banking. You can read more about this event, as well as register, by clicking here.