In This Issue…
- Free fraud training opportunity for bank staffs, customers
- Relive convention with our photo page!
- Former OBA president/CEO honored at convention
- Thank you to our convention sponsors
- 2021 Senior Management Conference set this month in Las Vegas
- OBA education corner …
Free fraud training opportunity for bank staffs, customers
The OBA is once again working with the Oklahoma Insurance Department to bring you first-class training on multiple areas of fraud.
The programs are being presented virtually again this year. The OBA’s Elaine Dodd is doing a session at 10 a.m., Thursday, June 3, on fraud signs and awareness, highlighting how our Oklahoma bankers do such a stellar job protecting our customers.
Sign-up is free at OID.ok.gov – click on “webinars”, then “Hoodwinked”.
You or your customers can watch real time or at a later opportunity with the link that will be provided afterward. Hope you will join us or share with customers who are in need of this info!
If you have any questions feel free to reach out to Elaine at email@example.com.
Relive convention with our photo page!
Did you happen to miss convention? Well, if so, we missed you!
Luckily, we have a bevy of photos to share from the event, ready for you to peruse. Click here to visit the convention photo page.
Also, click here to see the convention opening video!
Former OBA president/CEO honored at convention
During our convention last week, we held a special ceremony for our recently retired president and CEO, Roger Beverage.
During the ceremony, a video was shown of Sen. James Lankford giving a speech on the U.S. Senate floor commemorating Beverage’s 33 years as the OBA’s chief. Additionally, a slideshow of various photos from Beverage’s time with the OBA was shown.
Click here to view the Lankford video.
Click here to view the photo slideshow video.
Thank you to our convention sponsors!
One final note from last week’s convention: It wouldn’t have happened without our generous sponsors.
We wanted to take this moment to recognize these sponsors below:
2021 Senior Management Conference set this month in Las Vegas
Convention may be over, but there’s still one big event coming up soon! Pack your bags and mark your calendars because the Oklahoma Bankers Association 2021 Senior Management Forum is scheduled for June 20-22 at the Bellagio in Las Vegas.
This year’s conference features an exciting lineup of speakers, but one of the key benefits in the conference will be talking with your peers. Attendees at the OBA 2021 Senior Management Forum will be surrounded by those with similar titles, similar workloads, similar problems and likely solutions to issues that can be just as similar.
If you have any questions or want to get signed up, click here for more information, or contact the OBA’s education department at 405-424-5252.
OBA education corner …
Just because our convention is over doesn’t mean OBA events stop! New OBA education events add to the list of exciting things coming up, so check them out below.
NOTE: Effective March 16, 2020, and until further notice, TTS (our webinar provider) has extended the OnDemand access period for all ‘Live Plus Five (Days)’ registrants to 60 days (versus five business days). Also, they are waiving the $75 per location fee for additional locations.
- Records Management and Retention, June 9, webinar — To manage an effective program in a cost-effective manner, compliance professionals must rely on information from a broad range of resources within the organization.
- Employment Records and How to Keep Them, June 10, webinar — This program provides information not just on what records you should keep and for how long, but on the several underlying and even more important issues of record creation, storage and the DON’TS that create the major liabilities.
- The Role of the Information Security Officer, June 11, webinar — Get info on what your ISO should know, including regulatory expectations, independence mitigation suggestions and more.
- How to Re-Engage Your Team, June 15, webinar — We will examine a new mindset and learn what steps you can take in order to create a healthier work environment with more engaged employees.
- Loan Documentation for the Agricultural Lender, June 16, webinar — Experienced lenders will find the material covered to be a beneficial review, while less experienced bankers will benefit from a strong foundation in the OCC guidelines for safety and soundness in agricultural lending and their application in day-to-day loan monitoring.
- Unclaimed Property Compliance for Financial Institutions, June 16, webinar — Learn best practices to mitigate risk proactively, efficiently track customer contact and monitor recent legislative updates that could impact your organization.
- Current Matters and Common Questions Impacting the Call Report, June 17, webinar — Anyone responsible for preparing, auditing or signing the Call Report will find the program valuable. The seminar is designed for more experienced preparers and reviewers interested in new reporting requirements and up-to-date rulings impacting preparation of the Call Report.
- Notary Public, June 17, webinar — Help your team know their responsibilities, plus learn basic laws, liability and reviews of various notarial acts.