- This event has passed.
Employment Records and How to Keep Them, Webinar
June 10 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm CDT
Employment records are extensive and complex, the FFCRA has added new records to keep – without clear guidance. Human Resources, payroll, safety, and auditing professionals have ongoing questions about what employment records are required to be retained, and for how long. However, this is only the start of the issues. The legal requirements and employer liabilities go far beyond these simple issues. Your record keeping procedures are an important consideration when it comes to a dispute with a current or former employee, and whether your documentation will even hold up before a Court, the EEOC, or some other regulatory agency.
This program provides information not just on what records you should keep and for how long, but on the several underlying and even more important issues of record creation, storage, and the DON’TS which create the major liabilities.
· What is a “record” – you may be surprised.
· The new FFCRA records, and where they fit within the laws.
· Caution about FFCRA records.
· How do you keep records?
· Who has access?
· Why are you in trouble if you only follow the legal time requirements?
· Should you “archive” all records?
· What creates “records?”
· What creates “problem records” you did not even know you had?
· What records should you NOT create?
· The penalties for NOT preserving that the laws don’t even mention.
Who Should Attend?
Human Resources Managers, Safety & Security & IT personnel, Branch Managers, Executives, Supervisors, IT professionals.