In This Issue…
- OBA’s Bankers’ Night Out programs ready for spring
- New employee benefits survey readied
- Review your bank’s information for OBA Directory
- OBA education corner …
OBA’s Bankers’ Night Out programs ready for spring
The dates for the OBA Bankers’ Night Out programs have been finalized. Mark your calendar for the date of the program that’s in your area of the state and plan to attend. Bring your coworkers with you so that everyone can be up to speed on the most recent developments affecting their job. In addition to state and federal legislative updates, the program will include a discussion on the recent developments in your industry.
As in the past, the schedule for each of these meetings is:
5:30 p.m. – Drinks
6:15 p.m. – Program
7 p.m. – Dinner
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. The cost is $50 per person. Click here for a registration form.
Locations and dates for this year’s events are:
- Tulsa, March 10.
- Krebs, March 11.
- Oklahoma City, April 1.
- Guymon, April 2.
- Lawton, April 15.
- Enid, April 16.
New employee benefits survey readied
Blanchard Consulting Group and the OBA would like to invite you to participate in our 2020 Compensation Trends and Employee Benefits Survey.
The survey covers recent trends in various compensation programs such as: annual incentive plan design and payouts, equity/long-term incentive programs, executive benefits, including employment/change-in-control agreements, deferred compensation plans/supplemental executive retirement plans, perquisites and employee benefits surrounding 401K plans, tuition reimbursements, medical coverage and more.
This survey will provide valuable market data on a wide variety of compensation related topics.
Below is the pricing for the 2020 Compensation Trends and Employee Benefits Survey results (results will be provided via email in PDF format):
- OBA Member Participants: $150
- OBA Member Non-participants: $300
To complete the survey, please click here. The deadline to submit is Friday, Feb. 28.
If you would like to pre-order your copy of the survey, or if you have any survey questions, please contact Laura Roth at email@example.com or 612-886-1225.
Review your bank’s information for OBA Directory
The Oklahoma Bankers Association Directory of Banks is again being produced this year by NFR Communications (formerly BankNews Media). To best serve you, we want to include the most up-to-date and accurate information about your bank, your branches and your staff. However, we need your help.
To ensure we are using the most accurate information, please follow the instructions provided in the letter that was mailed to your bank last week by NFR Communications. Please review and revise as necessary the financial directory listing for your holding company, your main bank and your branches. You can also use the login information that was included in the letter to update your listing online or, if needed, download a new form.
Completed forms may be returned by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 913-261-7010. Please update the information no later than Feb. 14, 2020.
We appreciate your help in making the 2020 Edition of the Oklahoma Bankers Association Directory of Banks a success.
OBA education corner …
Did you dig yourself out of the snow from last week? Is anyone else tired of winter about right now? Instead of facing the last few weeks of winter weather, stay bundled up inside while you take a look at the upcoming education events at the OBA. Here’s a list of what’s coming up:
- Marketing & Advertising Compliance, Feb. 18, webinar — What can you say in advertisements? What must you say? What can you not say? Many sets of rules govern these questions, and more are on the way. How about your promotional efforts – contacting prospects and customers to let them know what you have available? As the compliance environment becomes more complex, your marketing department must stay on top of all the rules and regulations. This session can help.
- The Four C’s of Exceptional Supervision, Feb. 19, webinar — This program will ramp up your leadership skills and address critical supervisory issues necessary to becoming an excellent manager. If you are ready to take your commitment and skill set to the next level register today for this program, you will be eager to put to work what you’ve learned!
- Federal Benefit Payments Garnishment Requirements, Feb. 27, webinar — This webinar will provide general review of the requirements for processing garnishments and state tax levies under the rule.
- 2020 Call Report Seminar, March 10, Oklahoma City — This seminar will provide updates and training for experienced preparers and reviewers and will include complete coverage of new and complex issues impacting the Call Report preparation. New, proposed and revised changes will be presented in summary form at the beginning of the seminar followed by a more detailed discussion over the course of the seminar.
- Basic New Accounts Seminars, March 25-Oklahoma City; March 26-Tulsa — This program will provide an overview of state law requirements in the area of new accounts, plus federal requirements for beneficial ownership, disclosures, basic TIN compliance, CIP, anti-money laundering and deposit insurance.
Also, the OBA is proud to promote the recognition of bankers who have devoted 50 or more years of service to the banking industry. All eligible nominees will be honored at the 2020 OBA Convention on May 18-20 at the DoubleTree Warren Place in Tulsa.
Finally, several scholarships are now available to bankers from OBA-member banks for various graduate schools of banking. Applications should be submitted to the OBA’s Janis Reeser by email (email@example.com), regular mail (643 N.E. 41st St., OKC, 73105) or fax (405-424-4518). The scholarship recipients will be selected and announced no later than April 22.
Click on the links below for more specific information about each scholarship: