In This Issue…
- Annual Washington Visit scheduled
- OBA Bankers’ Night Out programs ready for fall
- OBA education corner …
Annual Washington Visit scheduled
The OBA’s Annual Washington Visit has been scheduled for Sept. 15-17, 2019, and the hotel will be the Trump International Hotel Washington D.C.
Additionally, NEW this year, we are offering an offsite excursion to Mount Vernon that will include transportation, private tour (of the historic area, mansion & tomb), lunch and free time to explore the grounds.
Registration information should be hitting your bank shortly, but you can also download the registration and information form, and get more info on the hotel, by clicking here.
OBA Bankers’ Night Out programs ready for fall
The dates for the OBA Bankers’ Night Out programs have been finalized. Mark your calendar for the date of the program that’s in your area of the state and plan to attend. Bring your coworkers with you so that everyone can be up to speed on the most recent developments affecting their job. In addition to state and federal legislative updates, the program will include a discussion on the recent developments in your industry.
As in the past, the schedule for each of these meetings is:
5:30 p.m. – Drinks
6:15 p.m. – Program
7 p.m. – Dinner
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. The cost is $50 per person. Click here for a registration form.
Locations and dates for this year’s events are:
- Oklahoma City, Sept. 24.
- Krebs, Sept. 26.
- Lawton, Oct. 9.
- Woodward, Oct. 10.
- Tulsa, Oct.22.
- Ardmore, Oct. 23.
OBA education corner …
Schools have started, as has football, so it feels summer is nearing an end, even if the weather outside doesn’t necessarily agree. One thing that is ending, though, is the usual summer respite from live seminars and events from the OBA’s education department. Many things are on the horizon! Take note of the following:
- Fair Lending, Sept. 9, webinar — Despite changes in the regulatory and enforcement environment, there are issues every lender should be aware of.
- Reg E, Sept. 11, webinar — Our topic for the webinar will focus on several simple steps to handle Reg E customer disputes and inquiries.
- Alert! OFAC Changes, Sept. 12, webinar — The Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) issued an interim final rule to amend the Reporting, Procedures and Penalties Regulations (the Regulations) to provide updated instructions and incorporate new requirements for parties filing reports on blocked property, unblocked property or rejected transactions.
- Loan Participations for Community Banks, Sept. 13, webinar — This program covers the risks and rewards of loan participations to both the lead bank and the purchasing bank.
- Understanding Real Estate Loan Documents, Sept. 16, webinar — Taught at a basic level (for bankers, not lawyers), the instructor will lead participants through all sections of the various required real estate loan documents.
- Best-Ever Compliance Checklists for Commercial Loans, Sept. 17, webinar — This colorful checklist, patterned after the popular Best-Ever Consumer Checklists, will guide bankers through traps and ensure compliance.
- 30 Steps to Audit Your Safe Deposit Area, Sept. 18, webinar — This webinar covers the “nuts and bolts” and the important steps that must be followed to audit your entire safe deposit function.
- 2019 Analyzing Financial Statements Seminar, Sept. 18-20, Oklahoma City — Commercial lending officers, credit department personnel, loan review personnel and operations personnel interested in learning more about commercial lending will benefit from this three-day course.
- Employment Records and How to Keep Them, Sept. 19, webinar — This program provides information not just on what records you should keep and for how long, but on the several underlying and even more important issue of record creation, storage, and the DON’Ts which create the major liabilities.
- W-9, W-8BEN and W-8BEN-E Forms and Info, Sept. 19, webinar — During this program, we will do a line-by-line review of the W-9 and W-8BEN forms and the subsequent tax reporting to the IRS.
- 2019 Teller Seminar, Oct. 2, Tulsa — The program zeroes in on six modules that remind your tellers of the importance of what they do, how they do it, what they say and how they deliver customer service.
Finally, save the date and plan ahead now! The dates and site for the 2020 OBA Convention are set! The Convention will take place May 18-20 at the Doubletree-Warren Place in Tulsa. Keep an eye out in the upcoming months for more information!