In This Issue…
- Bankers at the Brewery event scheduled in August
- Action requests vote from ABA member bank CEOs
- 2019 Convention Golf Tournament rescheduled
- Answer leadership’s call: OBA Emerging Leaders Academy accepting applications
- Annual Washington Visit scheduled
- OBA education corner …
Bankers at the Brewery event scheduled in August
Join us from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. (come & go) on Tuesday, Aug. 6, and enjoy beers and time with your banking peers at the Enid Brewing Company. The brewery is typically closed on Tuesdays, but they are opening their doors specifically for us.
Bankers at the Brewery will provide a unique atmosphere to meet fellow banking leaders. The first round is on the OBA!
Enid Brewing Company
126 S Independence Ave
Enid, OK 73701
ABA requests vote from ABA member bank CEOs
The ABA is requesting a vote from ABA member bank CEOs that would make a board-approved change to their articles of incorporation that will allow ABA to play a greater role in helping banks and the communities they serve recover from major disasters. They are seeking this change after consulting with state associations that have played an active role in helping their communities and bankers recover after recent natural disasters.
Click here for more details and to submit your vote.
2019 Convention Golf Tournament rescheduled
Did you miss the 2019 Convention Golf Tournament? Well here’s your chance to show off your golfing skills!
We have rescheduled the tournament for July 29 at the River Oaks Golf Club. The tournament fee is $140 and the registration deadline is July 24. The tournament will begin with registration and a continental breakfast. Immediately following the tournament, we will hold an awards ceremony and provide lunch for the players. Sign up now to reserve your spot. We hope to see you on the course!
Click here to register for the rescheduled 2019 Convention Golf Tournament.
Answer leadership’s call: OBA Emerging Leaders Academy accepting applications
Take note the OBA 2019-20 Emerging Leaders Academy is currently accepting applications.
We’re looking for the best and brightest bankers who seek to sharpen their leadership skills. The Academy will help you reach new heights with powerful speakers offering information leaders need for effectively maneuvering in today’s business climate. Each session helps participants become true leaders by understanding those around you through non-traditional methods.
The OBA extends an invitation to any employee of a bank that is a member of the OBA to apply. A panel of bankers will review the applicants and choose those accepted into the Academy. Participants must attend all sessions to successfully graduate from the program.
There are six sessions to the Academy: Oct. 4, Nov. 15, Dec. 12, Jan. 10, Feb. 25, March 27. Graduation will take place on May 19, 2020, at the OBA Annual Convention in Tulsa.
Annual Washington Visit scheduled
The OBA’s Annual Washington Visit has been scheduled for Sept. 15-17, 2019, and the hotel will be the Trump International Hotel Washington D.C.
Additionally, NEW this year, we are offering an offsite excursion to Mount Vernon that will include transportation, private tour (of the historic area, mansion & tomb), lunch and free time to explore the grounds.
Registration information should be hitting your bank shortly, but you can also download the registration and information form, and get more info on the hotel, by clicking here.
OBA education corner …
Summer is upon us and the beach and mountains are calling many of our names! If, however, more work-related pursuits are your idea of taking advantage of these months of the calendar, the OBA has you covered! Take note of the following:
- Uniform Commercial Code Rules, July 22, webinar — Many loans extended by commercial banks are secured by personal property, which is governed by Revised Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code.
- CRA: Nuts & Bolts – Five Steps to Pass the Exam, July 23, webinar — This webinar will focus on several simple steps to ensure a successful CRA exam outcome.
- 10 Overdraft Privilege Hotspots Regulations, Lawsuits & Guidance, July 23, webinar — It’s 2019 and your examiners are due at your financial institution next month. Will your bank pass the test?
- Fair Lending, July 25, webinar — Fair Lending is one of those compliance topics that continues to be on examiner’s “hot” list.
- Online Deposit Account Opening, July 25, webinar — We’ll examine the life cycle of this service from start to finish, and you’ll receive checklists and thoughts about how to begin offering this service or check your existing process.
- Analyzing the Balance Sheet and Income Statement, July 26, webinar — The principal goal of this course is to enable you to analyze the balance sheet and income statement.
- CRE Appraisals: Regulations and the Review Process, July 29, webinar— This session will cover the key issues from the December 2010 Interagency Appraisal and Evaluation Guidelines, the October 2018 FAQs on the Appraisal Regulations and the Interagency Appraisal and Evaluation Guidelines, tips for integrating them into your existing policies and how CRE appraisals differ from residential reports.
- Untangling the Web of Fee Disclosures, July 31, webinar — This webinar will help you untangle the intricacies of numerous fee disclosure requirements.
- Accounts Receivable and Inventory Financing, Aug. 1, webinar — This course will cover Accounts Receivable and Inventory Financing risks, and present how a bank can prudently manage these risks.
- Unclaimed Property Compliance for Financial Institutions, Aug. 2, webinar — This webinar will focus on complex state unclaimed property reporting requirements and the unique challenges facing banks and other financial institutions.
- Assessing Your Bank’s Call Center to Take it to the Next Level , Aug. 5, webinar — This webinar will provide tools to baseline and evaluate the effectiveness of your call center.
- Director Compensation and Compensation Committee Best Practices, Aug. 6, webinar — This session will also summarize any relevant compensation regulations and their impacts on director pay.
- 2019 TRID Essentials Seminar, Aug. 7, Oklahoma City — Daily TRID management continues to challenge many banks and lenders; this one-day program provides a thorough review of the revised TRID Rule.
- 2019 Intro to Commercial Lending Seminar, Aug. 28, Tulsa; Aug. 29, Oklahoma City — This seminar covers the basics of Commercial Lending and is a must for all new commercial lenders and/or those individuals who want to explore this vital discipline.
- 2019 Cybersecurity Seminar, Sept. 5, Oklahoma City — This seminar is designed to provide training on evolving cybersecurity threats and what your bank should do to build a strong Information Security Program that helps protect against these threats.
- 2019 OBA Compliance School, Aug. 19-23, Oklahoma City — This school is designed for those directly involved in the day-to-day compliance function as well as those who are involved in specific areas. Compliance officers, auditors, bank counsel, loan officers, cashiers and bank trainers will benefit from the course.
Finally, save the date and plan ahead now! The dates and site for the 2020 OBA Convention are set! The Convention will take place May 18-20 at the Doubletree-Warren Place in Tulsa. Keep an eye out in the upcoming months for more information!