In This Issue…
Registration open for 2019 OBA Senior Management Conference
The Oklahoma Bankers Association 2019 Community Bankers Leadership & Senior Management Conference is scheduled for April 7-9 at the Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass in Phoenix, Arizona.
One of the key benefits in the conference will be talking with your peers. Attendees at the OBA 2019 Community Bankers Leadership & Senior Management Conference will be surrounded by those with similar titles, similar workloads, similar problems and likely solutions to issues that can be just as similar.
If you have any questions or want to get signed up, contact the OBA’s education department at 405-424-5252, or download a brochure and registration form by clicking here!
OBA raising money for governor’s Inaugural Ball
Bankers have a chance to go together (or contribute directly) to our collective effort to raise at least $10,000 to show industry support for our new governor. This amount will help us sponsor a table at the Inaugural Ball to be held on Jan. 14, 2019.
Each contributing bank – as well as every bank that sponsors its own table – will be recognized at this gala event! And – importantly – corporate contributions are permitted!
The OBA plans to contribute as well, but the most important element is recognition for each bank that contributes both at the Ball itself and beforehand to individually show as many banks participating as we can.
Will you help us? Please? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
OBA education corner …
Is everyone looking forward to a good New Year’s Eve party, or do you prefer a more quiet way to ring in 2019? Whatever your preference, make sure you choose to keep track of upcoming OBA education events! Take note of the following:
- Best-Ever Compliance Checklists for Consumer Loans, Jan. 3, webinar — The colorful and easy-to-use checklists are designed to chronologically lead lenders and processors through the various compliance requirements, and financial institutions that properly use these checklists will virtually eliminate compliance errors.
- IRA Update and Review, Jan. 9, webinar — The IRS Cost of Living Adjustments were released in October 2018. And, you never know what the 2018 December surprise legislation will bring us.
- Basic Business Entities & Other Commercial Borrowers, Jan. 9, webinar — This webinar presents a survey of requirements, characteristics, advantages, disadvantages plus creation and documentation issues for the most frequently used types of business entities.
- Nailing Your Job of Head Teller, Jan. 15, webinar — The leadership provided by the frontline supervisor is critical to employees’ success enabling them to perform productively and efficiently.
- 2019 Compliance Updates, Jan. 29-Operations, Tulsa; Jan. 29-Lending, Tulsa; Jan. 30-Operations, Oklahoma City; Jan. 30-Lending, Oklahoma City — The 2019 Compliance Updates will provide a review of issues and concerns facing every bank’s compliance team. The sessions will focus on “hot” topics, trends and areas that may need more emphasis. Common compliance mistakes also will be covered.
- 2019 OBA Intermediate School, Session I-Feb. 4-8; Session II-June 3-7, Oklahoma City — Presented in two sessions, this school is designed to prepare students to serve effectively and profitably the needs and desires of their banks and the banking public.
- 2019 OBA Commercial Lending School, March 3-8, Oklahoma City — The OBA Commercial Lending School is an intensive, one-week functional school designed for bankers with a basic understanding of credit and financial analysis. The school will demonstrate how to apply this knowledge in profitable commercial lending situations.