In This Issue…
• Sandy’s salutations
• Oklahoma Bankers Hall of Fame ceremony set for Dec. 4
• OBA education corner …
By Sandy Werner
Will CECL implementation be delayed further? I am aware FASB is getting requests for an implementation delay from more than one concerned party. Sen. Thom Tillis (R-N.C.) has requested an implementation delay until FASB conducts a detailed analysis to assess the impact CECL will have on the banking industry and our nation’s economy. ABA has also asked for a delay until the Financial Service Oversight Council performs a quantitative impact study. ABA points out practical application of CECL could prove to add impactful procyclicality to the banking system.
I have had concerns about CECL since it was first purposed, and hope FASB will consider and truly study the long-term effects of its application.
Together, we are the OBA!
Oklahoma Bankers Hall of Fame ceremony set for Dec. 4
The Oklahoma Bankers Hall of Fame will induct its first-ever class on Dec. 4 at the Oklahoma History Center in Oklahoma City. Shawnee banker Larry Briggs, Altus banker Ken Fergeson and Oklahoma City banker Gene Rainbolt will make up the inaugural class.
If you are interested in attending the event, please RSVP by Nov. 21 to the OBA’s Nancy McKinnis at (405) 424-5252 or email@example.com. The cost for an individual seat is $65 and $500 for a table of eight.
The ceremony will take place from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Oklahoma History Center, which is located at 800 Nazih Zuhdi Dr., in Oklahoma City.
OBA education corner …
Can anyone believe the holidays are just around the corner and there’s only a few weeks left in college football season?! These past few months have just FLOWN by! With that in mind, don’t let continuing education opportunity through the OBA fly by you and your fellow bankers! Take note of the following:
- Outsourced Third Party (Vendor) Management, Nov. 19, webinar — Outsourced Third Party (Vendor) Risk Management is a top priority with the regulators.
- Writing Deposit Operations Procedures, Nov. 27, webinar — This webinar covers Reg D, E, CC and DD. A special look at ODP and everything but loans from the back of the house.
- Agricultural Loan Documentation & Administration, Nov. 28, webinar — This webinar will provide bankers with an essential understanding of agricultural collateral, the risks presented by agricultural lending, agricultural loan documentation and loan administration.
- 2018 Asset/Liability Management Seminar, Nov. 28, Oklahoma City — Learn about handling assets and liability in this informational seminar.
- Top 50 Safe Deposit Procedures, Nov. 29, webinar — This webinar covers the “nuts and bolts” and the recommended day-to-day operating procedures for your institution.
- SAR Decision Making, Nov. 29, webinar — This program includes a review of the new SAR and its new data fields.
Also, make note of the 2019 OBA Schools: 2019 Intermediate School, Feb. 4-8 and June 3-7; 2019 Commercial Lending School, March 3-8; 2019 Compliance School, Aug. 19-23; 2019 Consumer Lending School, Oct. 7-11; and 2019 Operations School, Nov. 18-22.