In This Issue…
By Sandy Werner
Fall is upon us and that means Bankers’ Night Out events. I am looking forward to traveling our great State in September and October to gather with fellow Oklahoma bankers to discuss current hot topics, including marijuana … or at least the banking issues surrounding it!
If you have not yet registered to attend, I encourage you to do so. We will be in Woodward on Sept. 20, Lawton on Sept. 25, Oklahoma City on Sept. 26, Krebs on Oct. 9, Tulsa on Oct. 16 and Stillwater on Oct. 18.
I look forward to seeing you soon.
Together, we are the OBA!
Deadline approaching to order 2019 Oklahoma Views & Vistas calendar
The 2019 Oklahoma Views & Vista Calendar is now ready to be purchased – order yours by Sept. 15 to get the special low price of just $1.09 per calendar.
The 2019 Oklahoma Views & Vistas calendar will feature beautiful photos of the great state of Oklahoma submitted by Oklahoma bankers and their families. Your bank name and logo can be printed on each calendar you order for an eye-catching display in your customers’ homes and businesses year-round. The calendars are being offered exclusively to OBA-member banks.
Click here to download an order form.
OBA education corner …
Schools have started and so has football so it feels summer is nearing an end, even if the weather outside doesn’t necessarily agree. One thing that is ending, though, is the usual summer respite from live seminars and events from the OBA’s education department. Many things are on the horizon! Take note of the following:
- What’s All The Fuss About Escrows? Sept. 10, webinar — This webinar covers all of the escrow rules, including the long standing and the recently revised requirements of the flood regulations, Regulation X and Regulation Z.
- CRA Nuts & Bolts – Five Steps To Pass The Exam, Sept. 11, webinar — This webinar will focus on several simple steps to ensure a successful CRA exam outcome.
- Engineering Better IT Audit Programs, Sept. 14, webinar — This session will examine in more detail how the IT Audit Program integrates with the Information Security Program.
- Best-Ever Compliance Checklists for Commercial Loans, Sept. 17, webinar — We tend to think of business and agricultural loans as exempt from troublesome compliance requirements. But several compliance-related laws apply to commercial loans as well as consumer loans.
- Right of Setoff, Sept. 18, webinar — Do you know when the right of setoff is allowed and when it isn’t? Do you know if your financial institution has a statutory or contractual right of setoff? Do you understand the financial risks of using your setoff rights incorrectly? If you don’t know the answers to these questions, make sure to attend this valuable webinar.
- Ability to Repay/Qualified Mortgage Rules, Sept. 18, webinar — The program helps you decide whether changes are needed or if the status quo is acceptable.
- 2018 Analyzing Financial Statements, Sept. 19-21, Oklahoma City — Commercial lending officers, credit department personnel, loan review personnel and operations personnel interested in learning more about commercial lending will benefit from this three-day course.
- Residential Construction Lending, Sept. 20, webinar — Many problems can occur during construction that can leave lenders highly exposed unless they are unwritten properly. Understanding the risks in this type of lending is paramount for bankers. This course is designed to provide fundamental and proven techniques to minimize these risks.
- Incident Response and Forensics, Sept. 21, webinar — Prevention is our primary focus in protecting our institutions, but how would we know if we failed to prevent an attack? Knowing what threats are realistic for your institution and how to detect them is a challenging task.
- 2018 BSA/AML Seminar, Sept. 25 – Tulsa; Sept. 26 – Oklahoma City — BSA/AML compliance is a never-ending process. What worked fine last year may be completely inadequate this year. This program is designed to assist experienced personnel in staying ahead of BSA/AML compliance steamroller.
- 2018 OBA/BKD Symposium, Sept. 27, Oklahoma City — This conference is a must attend for all directors, CEOs, CFOs and others in the banking industry who are impacted by economic, accounting, credit, legal, taxation, regulatory or other issues impacting the banking industry.
- 2018 HR Fall Seminar, Oct. 16, Oklahoma City — This seminar will give you updates to federal and state law and what is brewing in the future. We will have some group discussions and questions about best practices in HR.