In This Issue…
• Are you signed up for OBA Annual Washington Visit?
• Webinar on fighting elder abuse replay available
• Bankers invited to meet lieutenant governor candidate
• Deadline approaching to apply for 2018-19 OBA Emerging Leaders Academy
• Wednesday is deadline for submitting Oklahoma Bankers Hall of Fame ballots
• OBA education corner …
Are you signed up for OBA Annual Washington Visit?
The OBA’s Annual Washington Visit has been scheduled for Sept. 30-Oct. 2 and the hotel will be the Marriott Marquis Washington D.C.
Registration information should have already hit your bank, but you can also download the registration and information form, and get more info on the hotel, by clicking here.
If you have any questions, contact Adrian Beverage at the OBA. In the meantime, enjoy this short clip of highlights from last year’s Washington Visit!
Webinar on fighting elder abuse replay available
Recently, the Oklahoma Bankers Association and Oklahoma County Sheriff’s Office joined forces for a webinar concerning elder abuse, including the financial aspects of such abuse. The webinar featured the OBA’s Elaine Dodd, and gave great insight on what banks can do to help fight scams against older Americans.
Click here to access the replay of the webinar.
Bankers invited to meet lieutenant governor candidate
The OBA would like to invite all bank employees to a meet and greet with lieutenant governor candidate Matt Pinnell before the Republican run-off election. The event will take place at 1:15-2:30 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 17, at the OBA’s Harris Events Center.
This isn’t a fundraiser for Pinnell, it’s an opportunity to ask him about his plan for moving Oklahoma forward.
Pinnell is a proud Oklahoman who has devoted his professional career to advancing our conservative causes and principles. He has served as the Oklahoma Republican Party chairman, where he focused on charting a new course for the state party and helped deliver victories for the hard-working men and women of Oklahoma and their families.
The youngest state Republican Party chairman in the country at the time of his election, Pinnell helped the party secure all five congressional seats and every statewide elected office simultaneously for the first time in Oklahoma history.
In 2013, he went to work for conservatives as National State Party Director at the Republican National Committee, helping elect a Republican majority to the U.S. Senate in 2014 and helping Donald Trump win the White House in 2016. Most recently, he lead the transition of the newly appointed Republican National Committee chairman.
Pinnell knows what it takes to fight for smaller government, less regulation, and a pro-growth business environment. As our lieutenant governor, he will achieve that and more for Oklahoma families and job creators.
We strongly encourage you to bring as many employees as you can to this event and get to know him.
Please let Adrian (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the OBA know how many from your bank will be attending the event.
Deadline approaching to apply for 2018-19 OBA Emerging Leaders Academy
Take note the OBA 2018-19 Emerging Leaders Academy is currently accepting applications with the deadline of Aug. 24.
We’re looking for the best and brightest bankers who seek to sharpen their leadership skills. The Academy will help you reach new heights with powerful speakers offering information leaders need for effectively maneuvering in today’s business climate. Each session helps participants become true leaders by understanding those around you through non-traditional methods.
The OBA extends an invitation to any employee of a bank that is a member of the OBA to apply. A panel of bankers will review the applicants and choose those accepted into the Academy. Participants must attend all sessions to successfully graduate from the program.
There are six sessions to the Academy: Oct. 12, Nov. 9, Dec. 6, Jan. 11, Feb. 26, March 29. Graduation will take place at the 2019 OBA Annual Convention (registration fee waived upon completion of the Academy)
Wednesday is deadline for submitting Oklahoma Bankers Hall of Fame ballots
For those voting and still with outstanding ballots, we just wanted to pass along that the end of day Wednesday is the deadline for submitting Oklahoma Bankers Hall of Fame ballots.
Please contact Lea Ann Jackson with any questions!
OBA education corner …
Schools are starting and football is around the corner so it feels summer is nearing an end, even if the weather outside doesn’t agree. One thing that is ending, though, is the usual summer respite from live seminars and events from the OBA’s education department. Many things are on the horizon! Take note of the following:
- CRE Appraisals: Regulations and the Review Process, Aug. 20, webinar — This session will cover the key issues from the 2010 Interagency Appraisal and Evaluation Guidelines, tips for integrating them into your existing policies, and how CRE appraisals differ from residential reports.
- Call Reports – Lending Schedules for Banks, Aug. 24, webinar — This webinar will help you learn the classification priority for reporting loan information correctly and will provide detailed information on correctly reporting unused commitments, interest rate lock commitments, and insider loans.
- Top 10 Most Common TRID Issues, Aug. 27, webinar — This two-hour program reviews the 2017 amendments and explains how the amendments impact the existing rule.
- Advanced Cash Flow Analysis, Aug. 28, webinar — This webinar will explore multiple models of both business and personal (business owner) cash flow analyses.
- The ACH Audit & Risk Assessment: What You Need to Know, Aug. 29, webinar — Spend two hours with an ACH Auditor and hear what she looks for when performing the ACH Audit and ACH Risk Assessment.
- 60 Critical Steps for Properly Handling Delinquent Abandoned Safe Deposit Boxes, Aug. 30, webinar — At this workshop you will receive current information, step-by-step procedures and an in-depth explanation about how to handle these issues and how they impact on your financial institution and your safe deposit box renters.
- Supervisor Boot Camp, Sept. 5-6, Oklahoma City — This two-day program is exactly what you are looking for if your bank strives to keep supervisors on the competitive edge! You will work and learn, share and listen and go back eager to implement and make a difference.
- 2018 BSA/AML Seminar, Sept. 25 – Tulsa; Sept. 26 – Oklahoma City — BSA/AML compliance is a never-ending process. What worked fine last year may be completely inadequate this year. This program is designed to assist experienced personnel in staying ahead of BSA/AML compliance steamroller.
- 2018 OBA/BKD Symposium, Sept. 27, Oklahoma City — This conference is a must attend for all directors, CEOs, CFOs and others in the banking industry who are impacted by economic, accounting, credit, legal, taxation, regulatory or other issues impacting the banking industry.
- 2018 OBA Consumer Lending School, Oct. 1-5, Oklahoma City —The total program of this school exposes students to major issues consumer credit managers face. It provides a framework for examining a bank’s consumer credit programs, policies and procedures.