In This Issue…
- OBA scholarship available for incoming Oklahoma college students
- Participate in our director compensation survey
- OBA partners with ODP Business Solutions for association member discounts
- Welcome, new strategic member!
- OBA education corner …
OBA scholarship available for incoming Oklahoma college students
Each year, the OBA awards a $1,000 scholarship to an incoming freshman who has a parent, grandparent, sibling or spouse who is a Professional Member of the Association.
The student must enroll in an accredited Oklahoma institution of higher education. The applicant must also be graduating from an Oklahoma high school. A panel of bankers will select the winning applicant.
Participate in our director compensation survey
The OBA is partnering with Blanchard Consulting Group for the 2023 Director Compensation Survey, which is currently open for participation!
This survey only includes financial institutions and focuses on director compensation for 2022, including meeting fees, committee fees, retainers, equity, benefits and total director compensation. The survey also includes an assessment of chairperson fees and has ten director compensation trends questions. Data cuts will be broken out by asset size and/or region, where available.
Below is the pricing for the 2023 Director Compensation Survey results (survey findings will be provided via email in .pdf format):
- OBA member bank — Survey participant: $250.
- OBA member bank — Non-participant: $550.
- OBA Strategic Member: $750.
To complete the survey, please click on the link below. Download the excel file and email the completed survey to email@example.com.
The deadline to complete the survey has been extended to Friday, March 17.
There is also a separate PDF file with instructions on how to complete each of the tabs. This is also included in the excel workbook.
OBA partners with ODP Business Solutions for association member discounts
The OBA has partnered with ODP Business Solutions (Office Depot) to provide association members significant discounts on a wide range of office and banking supplies, furniture, print and copy services, promotional products, break room provisions and more.
Below is a list of the March coupons for use by our member bankers:
- March Offer 15 off 100 (1)
- March Offer 20 off 150 (1)
- March Offer 30 off 200 (1)
- March Offer 50 off 350
Welcome, new strategic member!
Through its corresponding bank services, ServisFirst provides an Agent Bank Credit Card Program to client banks across the United States. The program allows the community bank client to offer a credit card to their customers featuring their bank’s logo and unparalleled service and support.
OBA education corner …
Happy Tuesday! Here’s a look at the upcoming continuing education opportunities available through the OBA:
- Avoiding Check Fraud Liability: From Prevention to Loss Allocation, March 21, webinar — This webinar provides attendees with tips to avoid check fraud losses, as well as an overview of the laws that apply to loss allocation when check fraud occurs.
- Understanding Commercial Loan Documents, March 22, webinar — The instructor will lead participants through all sections of the various required loan documents.
- Top 10 Loan Documents Mistakes and How to Avoid Them, March 23, webinar — Learn the “right thing to do” and avoid frequent exceptions and mistakes.
- Active Shooter Prevention & Response, March 28, webinar — Are you prepared for an active shooter event at your bank? Do you and your fellow employees know what to do if it happens? Don’t leave these questions to chance. Attend this webinar to find out what you need to know to prevent and survive an act of violence.
- The Perfect Collision: 1071, CRA, Fair Lending, March 29, Oklahoma City — This program explains the intersection and gaps between the regulations and the current proposals. Knowing what is in place and what to expect will aid institutions in understanding the risks to have a plan in place to avoid issues.
- Fair Lending for Frontline Staff, March 29, webinar — This session will focus on how your front line can engage customers and sell loans without violating fair lending laws.
- Onboarding Your New Hire: Experience or Afterthought?, March 29, webinar — Learn how to excel at new employee onboarding; seeing everything through the lens of the new hire.
- Basic Cash Flow Analysis, March 30, webinar — Learn how to calculate cash flow using the Universal Cash Flow Analysis method (UCA), which determines the flow of cash into and out of a business entity.
- Essential Teller Issues, April 25-Tulsa; April 26-Oklahoma City; April 27-Krebs— The program zeroes in on six modules that remind your tellers of the importance of what they do, how they do it, what they say, and how they deliver customer service.
Also, the OBA is proud to promote the recognition of bankers who have devoted 50 or more years of service to the banking industry. All eligible nominees will be honored at the 2022 OBA Convention on May 18-20 at the Omni in Oklahoma City. Click here to download a nomination form. If you have any questions, please contact Janis Reeser at 405-424-5252 or firstname.lastname@example.org.