In This Issue…
- Bankers at the State Capitol: Register for OBA’s 2023 Contact Banker Program
- GSB scholarships available for 2023
- OBA Intern Program ready for 2023
- Review your bank’s information for OBA directory
- OBA partners with ODP Business Solutions for association member discounts
- 2023 holiday closing signs available from OBA
- OBA education corner …
Bankers at the State Capitol: Register for OBA’s 2023 Contact Banker Program
We have set the dates for the 2023 Contact Banker Program. Click here to find a sign-up form with the dates for this year’s program. Please select dates that work best for you and return your form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once we have the groups finalized, we will send an email confirmation for your date.
On the date you select, there will be a short briefing before we start walking the halls of the Capitol. Please know, we will stay together as a group the entire morning. We will do our best to have you spend a few minutes with both your state senator and state representative to either start a new relationship or strengthen one already in place. We won’t ask you to discuss current legislation – we want you to just chat with your members about issues facing your community or other pressing matters. Depending on what week you select, we will either sit in on a committee meeting or in the gallery to watch the action on the floor. Once we have finished all of our business at the Capitol, the OBA Government Relations Team will take everyone to lunch to discuss the events of the morning.
Everyone at the Capitol knows bankers are involved in the political process and watching how they vote. All of this success is because of the Contact Banker Program. This program is meant for all employees at the bank. There is no cost to attend other than your time. Please complete this registration form and send it to email@example.com.
Questions? Please contact Megan McGuire (firstname.lastname@example.org / 405-424-5252).
GSB scholarships available for 2023
Several scholarships are now available to bankers from OBA-member banks for various graduate schools of banking. Applications (other than for GSB-Colorado) should be submitted to the OBA’s Janis Reeser by email (email@example.com), regular mail (643 N.E. 41st St., OKC, 73105) or fax (405-424-4518). The scholarship recipients will be selected and announced no later than April 22.
Click on the links below for more specific information about each scholarship:
- GSB-Madison HR School Scholarship: $700 — Deadline: Feb. 10.
- GSB-Madison Scholarship: $1,500 each of three years — Deadline: March 17.
- Bolder Banking Scholarship (GSB-Colorado): $4,700 for first year** — Deadline Feb. 15.
- SWGSB Scholarship: $1,500* — Deadline March 17.
- GSB-LSU Emerging Leaders Scholarship: $4,700 for first year — Deadline March 17.
*SWGSB scholarship may be awarded for the second and third year as long as the recipient remains in the top 10% of the class. The decision is at the discretion of the school administration.
**The scholarship is awarded to the bank. Applications can be submitted via survey monkey or using the PDF form. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BolderBankingScholarshipNomination.
OBA Intern Program ready for 2023
An OBA program to be aware of is the OBA Intern Program.
The Intern Program will be active in 2023 and we’re looking for participating banks! For more information on this IMPORTANT program – important not only to aspiring students, but also to participating banks – Contact the OBA education department at (405) 424-5252 or click here for more information!
Review your bank’s information for OBA directory
The Oklahoma Bankers Association Directory of Banks is again being produced this year by NFR Communications. To best serve you, we want to include the most up-to-date and accurate information about your bank, your branches and your staff. However, we need your help.
To ensure we are using the most accurate information, please follow the instructions provided in the letter that was mailed to your bank last week by NFR Communications. Please review and revise as necessary the financial directory listing for your holding company, your main bank and your branches. You can also use the login information that was included in the letter to update your listing online or, if needed, download a new form.
For questions and completed forms, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please update the information no later than Feb. 3, 2023.
We appreciate your help in making the 2023 Edition of the Oklahoma Bankers Association Directory of Banks a success.
OBA partners with ODP Business Solutions for association member discounts
The OBA has partnered with ODP Business Solutions (Office Depot) to provide association members significant discounts on a wide range of office and banking supplies, furniture, print and copy services, promotional products, break room provisions and more.
Below is a list of the January coupons for use by our member bankers:
Contact: Kimberly Gilbert
Phone: (855) 337-6811 x 12815
2023 holiday closing signs available from OBA
Customers need to know that Oklahoma banks are closed in observance of several holidays each year. OBA makes this easy by offering member banks a set of eleven decorative 6”x 9” decals.
Static-cling decal signs clearly notify customers of your holiday closings. Each decal has a holiday design with the bank closing dates as observed by the Federal Reserve. Additional blank decals are provided to write on for emergency closings. Juneteenth holiday sign is included. English edition or English/Spanish edition are available.
OBA education corner …
A new year has begun and we hope all your resolutions are still intact! While contemplating that gym workout today, take a little time to prepare for upcoming continuing education opportunities available through the OBA:
- Compliance Management, Jan. 19, webinar — This webinar will look at the expectations/requirements related to a financial institution’s compliance management system.
- Reg. E Error Resolution: Top Mistakes to Avoid, Jan. 19, webinar — Increased debit card usage has led to increased exposure to unauthorized activity. In this session, we will address what actually constitutes an error under the Regulation, what you need to do to comply with investigation requirements and how to avoid mistakes during the error-resolution process.
- Women in Banking Luncheons, Jan. 20-Broken Arrow; Jan. 24-Oklahoma City — Join our OBA Women in Banking Committee as we learn from industry leaders on their challenges, successes and navigating a rewarding banking career.
- Health Savings Accounts – Annual Review and Potential Pitfalls, Jan. 26, webinar — This webinar will clarify what is our job and what is the client’s job in regard to paying attention to how much they are contributing and what distributions are being used for.
- 2023 Compliance Updates, Jan. 26-Tulsa; Feb. 2-Oklahoma City — The updates provide a review of issues and concerns facing every bank’s compliance team. Hot topics, trends and common compliance mistakes will be covered.
- State of HMDA in 2023, Jan. 31, webinar — In this webinar, we’ll review all the pain points of HMDA, including actions taken and a variety of data points.
- Basic Real Estate Loan Documentation, Jan. 31, webinar — This webinar provides a comprehensive overview of essential real estate loan documentation requirements, regulatory compliance issues, sound loan administration issues and best practices.
- 2023 Call Report Update, Feb. 23, Oklahoma City — This 6-hour training will provide information on new, proposed, and revised changes to the Call Report with identification of specific Call Report line items impacting March 2023 and beyond.
- 2023 OBA Commercial Lending School, March 5-10, Oklahoma City — The Commercial Lending School is an intensive, one-week functional school designed for bankers with a basic understanding of credit and financial analysis. The school will demonstrate how to apply this knowledge in profitable commercial lending situations.