In This Issue…
- OBA Emerging Leaders Academy now accepting applications
- Annual Washington Visit set for Oklahoma bankers
- OBA education corner …
OBA Emerging Leaders Academy now accepting applications
Take note the OBA 2022-23 Emerging Leaders Academy is currently accepting applications.
We’re looking for the best and brightest bankers who seek to sharpen their leadership skills. The Academy will help you reach new heights with powerful speakers offering information leaders need for effectively maneuvering in today’s business climate. Each session helps participants become true leaders by understanding those around you through non-traditional methods.
The OBA extends an invitation to any employee of a bank that is a member of the OBA to apply. A panel of bankers will review the applicants and choose those accepted into the Academy (maximum 30 bankers). Participants must attend all sessions to successfully graduate from the program.
There are six sessions to the Academy: Nov. 9, Dec. 8, Jan. 27, Feb. 22, March 24, April 28. Graduation will take place in May 2023 at the OBA Annual Convention.
Annual Washington Visit set for Oklahoma bankers
The OBA’s Annual Washington Visit has been scheduled for Sept. 26-28 and the hotel will be the Waldorf Astoria.
Besides all the usual – and incredibly useful – meetings with the movers and shakers on Capitol Hill, we will host an “OBA Sports Night” at Walters Sports Bar on the Monday night of the visit, allowing everyone to decompress, enjoy a casual evening and compare notes.
Registration information should be hitting your bank shortly, but you can also download the registration and information form, and get more info on the hotel, by clicking here (.pdf). Click here to access the hotel reservation link.
OBA education corner …
I’m gonna soak up the sun.
I’m gonna tell everyone to lighten up.
Well, we all may be melting this week … but why not pair a Sheryl Crow-like positive outlook with this feisty forecast while you take a look at the upcoming education events.
And, of course: I’m gonna tell ’em that I’ve got no one to blame. For every time I feel lame I’m looking up. I’m gonna soak up the sun.
- CRE Appraisals: Regulations and the Review Process, July 25, webinar — This session will cover the key issues from the December 2010 Interagency Appraisal and Evaluation Guidelines, the October 2018 Frequently Asked Questions on the Appraisal Regulations, and the Interagency Appraisal and Evaluation Guidelines. You will get tips for integrating them into your existing policies, and ideas for meeting new/recent requirements for screening appraisals for USPAP compliance.
- Loan Fraud, July 26, webinar — Learn how to identify fraudulent loan applications and supporting documents. Learn the different types of loan fraud that may be attempted against your financial institution.
- FLSA Beyond the Basics: Surprising Issues That Get Employers in Trouble, July 27, webinar — Learn the current HOT TOPICS and avoid problem practices and pitfalls. Plus, learn how to protect your organization and yourself from liability and how to navigate the swamp.
- Handling Difficult People, July 27, webinar — Everyone has been experiencing increasing anger from the public after the pandemic. Staff at every level of your financial institution needs to know how to defuse hostile people.
- Writing Effective SAR Narratives, Aug. 2, webinar — This session will explain what information should be included in the narrative, the level of information needed and how the information should be presented.
- Total TRID – Four-Part Series, Aug. 8, 9, 10, 11 — This four-part program provides a very comprehensive review of the TRID rules, the Loan Estimate (LE), and the Closing Disclosure (CD). Whether you are new to TRID or a veteran seeking a review of the requirements, this program will meet your needs.
Also, take note of The Conference for Bank & Credit Union Trainers, which will be held in Dallas on Sept. 26-28. This annual educational event brings together hundreds of training professionals, representing financial institutions from across the country and beyond. Click here for more information!