In This Issue…
- OBA Emerging Leadesr Academy now accepting applications
- 2022 OBA Directory of Banks available
- Calendar photo contest winners selected; new strategic members welcomed
- OBA education corner …
OBA Emerging Leaders Academy now accepting applications
Take note the OBA 2022-23 Emerging Leaders Academy is currently accepting applications.
We’re looking for the best and brightest bankers who seek to sharpen their leadership skills. The Academy will help you reach new heights with powerful speakers offering information leaders need for effectively maneuvering in today’s business climate. Each session helps participants become true leaders by understanding those around you through non-traditional methods.
The OBA extends an invitation to any employee of a bank that is a member of the OBA to apply. A panel of bankers will review the applicants and choose those accepted into the Academy (maximum 30 bankers). Participants must attend all sessions to successfully graduate from the program.
There are six sessions to the Academy: Nov. 9, Dec. 8, Jan. 27, Feb. 22, March 24, April 28. Graduation will take place in May 2023 at the OBA Annual Convention.
Click here to apply! Also, for more information, please contact Megan McGuire at (405) 424-5252 or email@example.com.
2022 OBA Directory of Banks available
The latest edition of the OBA Directory of Banks are in and now available for order.
This essential reference includes important information about all Oklahoma banks, savings and loans, savings banks and holding companies. It also has key personnel listed as well as a fast-find index and more!
Click here for more information to order – if you are wanting to order more than nine copies, however, please send the order form directly to Thi Pham at the OBA for special pricing!
Calendar photo contest winners selected; new strategic members welcomed
The photo contest winners for the OBA calendar have been selected – the OBA’s Thi Pham will reach out to the winners individually. Thank you for everyone’s participation! Calendar sales will open later this summer.
A welcome goes out to our newest strategic members:
Convergint offers a suite of project delivery tools to ensure that your financial assets, customers and employees are protected. With a deep understanding of regulatory compliance requirements and internal operations, we deploy scalable solutions to meet the evolving needs of financial institutions. Convergint is committed to partnering with your branch network to optimize security and operational efficiencies while managing costs and enhancing the customer experience.
Contact: Keith Sandlin, Accounts Executive & Reece Tarwater, Director of Sales
3990 E. I 240 Service Road
Oklahoma City, OK 73135
Phone: (405) 343-1791
Flat Branch Mortgage
Flat Branch Mortgage Services is the Third Party Origination division of Flat Branch Home Loans, a Columbia, Missouri-based mortgage bank. FBMS helps our business partners close loans for their borrowers efficiently and on time. We accomplish this with a full array of loan programs, extensive market knowledge, fulfillment services, in-house loan servicing, correspondent and wholesale delivery platforms, an unparalleled partnership focus, accessibility and providing direct access to your FBMS team.
Contact: Don Cushing, TPO Territory Manager
14755 N. Outer Forty, Suite 110
Chesterfield, MO 63017
Phone: (785) 230-1396
Joplin Consulting Group, LLC
Joplin Consulting Group helps banks and their customers create, improve and execute their strategies. Dr. Joplin has been helping organizations become achieve greater success for over 25 years.
Contact: Toby Joplin, CPA, PhD
8305 N 152nd E. Ave
Owasso, OK 74055
Phone: (918) 408-5760
OBA education corner …
It seems to be monsoon season around here. If anyone sees a boat loading up animals two by two, make sure to give us some warning! While dodging raindrops inside, take advantage of our education opportunities, particularly our webinars. Check out the events below!
- Robbery Basics & Beyond, June 13, webinar — In this session, we will reveal the facts about robbery, discuss current trends and provide step by step guidelines for effective prevention, safe response and dealing with aftereffects.
- Bi-Monthly Compliance Briefing – June 2022, June 14, webinar — A bi-monthly update to help you keep up with changes and deadlines in the compliance area in a quick and easy format.
- Dealing with Subpoenas, June 15, webinar — This webinar will provide attendees with the best practices and red flags for dealing with the various legal documents served upon financial institutions.
- Right of Setoff, June 22, webinar — The Right of Setoff is a complicated, but very effective tool for collecting debts owed to a bank. Learn the best practices and dangers that can arise when using the power.
- Treasury Management: A Powerful Tool to Increase Deposits and Fee Income, June 23, webinar — You will walk away from this course with a deeper knowledge of treasury management, learn to conduct risk assessments on new products and learn strategies to increase core deposits.
Also, take note of The Conference for Bank & Credit Union Trainers, which will be held in Dallas on Sept. 26-28. This annual educational event brings together hundreds of training professionals, representing financial institutions from across the country and beyond. Click here for more information!