In This Issue…
- CFPB updates list of ‘rural or underserved’ counties for 2022
- Compliance Update seminars in Oklahoma City rescheduled
- Review your bank’s information for upcoming OBA directory
- 2022 holiday closing signs available for purchase
- Bankers at the state capitol: Register for OBA’s 2022 Contact Banker Program
- OBA welcomes new strategic member
- OBA education corner …
CFPB updates list of ‘rural or underserved’ counties for 2022
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau recently updated its list of “rural or underserved” counties for 2022.
The list can be used to determine whether financial entities are exempt from certain regulatory requirements of the Truth in Lending Act. Fifty-one of Oklahoma’s 77 counties were included on the list.
You can click here download the entire list from the CFPB’s website.
Compliance Update seminars in Oklahoma City rescheduled
Due to the winter storm expected in our state, this week’s Compliance Update seminars in Oklahoma City have been rescheduled.
The new date for the seminars is Thursday, Feb. 17, with the location still being the Harris Event Center at the OBA offices in Oklahoma City.
If you have any questions about this change, don’t hesitate to contract the OBA’s education department.
Review your bank’s information for upcoming OBA directory
The Oklahoma Bankers Association Directory of Banks is again being produced this year by NFR Communications (formerly BankNews Media). To best serve you, we want to include the most up-to-date and accurate information about your bank, your branches and your staff.
However, we need your help.
To ensure we are using the most accurate information, please follow the instructions provided in the letter mailed to your bank last month by NFR Communications. Please review and revise as necessary the financial directory listing for your holding company, your main bank and your branches. You can also use the login information that was included in the letter to update your listing online or, if needed, download a new form.
Completed forms may be returned by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 913-261-7010. Please update the information no later than Feb. 7, 2022.
We appreciate your help in making the 2022 Edition of the Oklahoma Bankers Association Directory of Banks a success.
2022 holiday closing signs available for purchase
Customers need to know Oklahoma banks are closed in observance of several holidays each year.
The OBA makes this easy by offering member banks a set of eleven decorative 6 x 9 decals. Static-cling decal signs clearly notify customers of your holiday closings. Each decal has a holiday design with the bank closing dates as observed by the Federal Reserve. Additional blank decals are provided to write on for emergency closings. A Juneteenth holiday sign is included and English Edition or English/Spanish Edition are available.
To order your 2022 holiday closing signs, click here.
Bankers at the State Capitol: Register for OBA’s 2022 Contact Banker Program
We have set the dates for the 2022 Contact Banker Program. Click here to find a sign-up form with the dates listed for this year’s program. We ask you select what dates work best for you and return your form to email@example.com. Once we have the groups finalized, we will send an email confirmation of your date.
On the date you select, there will be a short briefing before we start walking the halls of the Capitol. Please know, we will stay together as a group the entire morning. We will do our best to have you spend a few minutes with both your state senator and state representative to either start a new relationship or strengthen one already in place. We won’t ask you discuss current legislation – we want you to just chat with your members about issues that may affect your community or other pressing matters. Depending on what week you select, we will either sit in on a committee meeting or in the gallery to watch the action on the floor. Once we have finished all of our business at the Capitol, the OBA Government Relations Team will take everyone to lunch to discuss the events of the morning.
Everyone at the Capitol knows bankers are involved in the political process and they are watching how they vote. All of this success is because of the Contact Banker Program. This program is meant for all employees at the bank. There is no cost to attend other than your time. Please complete this registration form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact Megan McGuire (email@example.com / 405-424-5252).
OBA welcomes new strategic member
Primax provides community banks with payment processing services. Their services include risk management, mobile and online card management, data and analytics, loyalty programs, marketing, strategic consulting, delinquency management and contact centers.
OBA education corner …
Listening to the weather forecast this week, it sounds as if our state’s impending doom is on the way! While preparing for the apocalypse, and staying warm in your homes and offices, distract yourself from all the dogs and cats living together and mass hysteria we’re facing this week by checking out what the OBA education department has to offer!
- Advanced TRID Compliance, Feb. 15, webinar — This webinar will point out the more complex areas and will also bring your attention to areas that are notorious for errors. Consider this webinar your “cheat sheet” to get you on the right track BEFORE your next examination.
- SAR Decision Making, Feb. 15, webinar — This program includes a review of the new SAR and its new data fields.
- Online Account Opening, Feb. 17, webinar — During this program we will cover all the compliance issues for opening deposit accounts online. This includes Customer Identification Program (CIP), Federal Regulations, Signature Cards, Signatures and Customer Due Diligence (CDD) rules.
- Does Your Business Continuity Program Meet Regulatory Expectations?, Feb. 18, webinar — This webinar will provide recommendations on how to update your Plan to meet regulators expectations.
- Electronic Fund Transfers FAQs, Feb. 22, webinar — The CFPB released new and updated FAQs for Regulation E. The FAQs fall into four categories and we will review all of the new and updated FAQs during this program.
- 2022 Call Report Seminar, March 2, Oklahoma City — This training will cover new accounting and regulatory matters that impact the financial services industry and require reporting changes currently impacting the Call Report and those scheduled to impact the first quarterly filing for March 31, 2022. The impact of the CARES Act with termination pending, and related regulatory interim and final rules resulting from the COVID-19 crisis will be discussed.
One OBA program to be aware of is the OBA Intern Program. The Intern Program will be active in 2022 and we’re looking for participating banks! For more information on this IMPORTANT program – important not only to aspiring students, but also to participating banks – Contact the OBA education department at (405) 424-5252 or click here for more information!
Additonally, the Oklahoma Bankers Association 2022 Senior Management Conference is scheduled for April 3-5 at the Bellagio in Las Vegas. One of the key benefits in the conference will be talking with your peers. Attendees at the OBA 2022 Senior Management Conference will be surrounded by those with similar titles, similar workloads, similar problems and likely solutions to issues that can be just as similar. If you have any questions or want to get signed up, contact the OBA’s education department at 405-424-5252, or download a brochure and registration form by clicking here!
Finally, save the date for a Women In Banking Forum on March 22, hosted by the Oklahoma City branch of the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, in partnership with the OBA and the Community Bankers Association of Oklahoma. This event is designed to bring together mid- to senior-level women leaders in the financial services and banking industries to deliver experiences and content around banking, leadership and professional development. Learn from and engage with national speakers, industry experts and other attendees through engaging sessions through either an in-person or virtual experience. The Forum will be held at the Embassy Suites in Northwest Oklahoma City, but there is also a Zoom option. Click here for more information!