In This Issue…
- Federal Reserve publishes paper on partnerships between community banks, fintechs
- Oklahoma City banker pends ope-ed in Oklahoman on IRS reporting proposal
- OBA welcomes new strategic member
- OBA education corner …
Federal Reserve publishes paper on partnerships between community banks, fintechs
To support responsible innovation in the community banking sector, the Federal Reserve Board earlier this month published a paper describing the landscape of partnerships between community banks and fintech companies.
The paper captures insights gathered from extensive outreach with community banks, fintechs and other stakeholders. The outreach involved discussions focused on the strategic and tactical decisions that support effective partnerships.
This paper is intended to serve as a resource for community banks as they embark on responsible innovation. It provides an overview of the evolving landscape of community bank partnerships with fintechs, including the benefits and risks of different partnership types, and key considerations for engaging in such partnerships. While these lessons may apply broadly to the community bank sector, each institution should evaluate how fintech partnerships fit into their own strategic objectives based on their research, risk profile and third-party risk management practices.
Click here to download the paper.
Oklahoma City banker pens op-ed in Oklahoman on IRS reporting proposal
NBC Oklahoma President and CEO H.K. Hatcher appeared as a guest columnist in The Oklahoman this weekend, opining on the proposed IRS tax reporting law.
Hatcher wrote the proposal would “result in unnecessary costs to taxpayers and add an extensive amount of extra and unnecessary work for everyone involved – the IRS and our financial institutions.”
You can read Hatcher’s entire op/ed piece in the Oklahoman by clicking here.
OBA welcomes new strategic member
Hotel Broker One
HotelBrokerOne is an Oklahoma-based commercial real estate firm specializing in hospitality sales the last 35 years. The firm is one of the largest hotel brokerage firms in the United States, with offices in Dallas, Denver, Oklahoma City, Phoenix and San Diego. With over 800 sales, 50 annual hospitality transactions, being licensed in 24 states and its experienced team of veterans, the firm is well equipped to serve and support the Oklahoma banking community.
Contact: Bruce Holmes
15312 N. May Ave.
Edmond, OK 73013
Phone: (405) 810-1414, Cell: (405) 834-6212, Fax: (405) 810-1515
OBA education corner …
If you squint when you walk outside today, you can actually see autumn approach! Not need to squint to see all the upcoming OBA education offerings, though! Take note of the following:
NOTE: Effective March 16, 2020, and until further notice, TTS (our webinar provider) has extended the OnDemand access period for all ‘Live Plus Five (Days)’ registrants to 60 days (versus five business days). Also, they are waiving the $75 per location fee for additional locations.
- Commercial Construction Lending, Sept. 27, webinar — Construction loans for commercial real estate remain a major part of commercial bank lending. This program provides an overview of the key steps involved in effectively administering commercial construction loans.
- Mortgage Servicing Compliance, Sept. 28, webinar — The rules around servicing include many “standard” requirements dealing with periodic statements and escrows, for example, but many of the requirements focus on how servicers deal with distressed borrowers – from mandating “early intervention” and processes around loss mitigation applications, to foreclosure timing rules.
- Work Appearance, Dress Codes and Employer’s Liability for Being Out of Fashion, Sept. 30, webinar— This program will cover the practical and legal issues of the current trends in workplace appearance, and what you should and shouldn’t do about them.
- Consumer Collections 101, Sept. 30, webinar — During this informative 90-minute presentation, there will be a wide ranging discussion of topics faced by all lenders engaging in the world of consumer collections.
- TRID: All About Construction Loans, Oct. 1, webinar — This webinar is designed for consumer real estate loan officers, loan processors, compliance and audit personnel.
- Performing Your ACH Audit and Tips for Your ACH Risk Assessment, Oct. 12, webinar — Spend this webinar with an ACH Auditor and hear what she looks for when performing the ACH Audit and ACH Risk Assessment.
- 2021 HMDA/Fair Lending Seminars, Oct. 26-Tulsa (HMDA/Fair Lending); Oct. 27-Oklahoma City (HMDA/Fair Lending) — These are separate seminars each day, with HMDA taking place in the mornings and Fair Lending in the afternoon: You can register for one separately, or for both.
Also, the Department of Agricultural Economics at Oklahoma State University is hosting the Rural Economic Outlook Conference on Oct. 13 in Stillwater. A large lineup of speakers are set for the conference this year. You can find out more information, and register, by clicking here.
Finally, mark your 2022 calendars for all the upcoming schools offered by the OBA!
- Intermediate Banking — Feb. 7-11; June 6-10.
- Commercial Lending — March 6-11.
- Compliance — Aug. 22-26.
- Basic Banking — Sept. 12-15.
- Consumer Lending — Oct. 3-7.
- Operations — November 14-18.