In This Issue…
- Loan-to-deposit ratios reach new lows during pandemic
- OBA Bankers’ Night Out programs begins next week in Ardmore
- OBA welcomes new endorsed vendor
- OBA education corner …
Loan-to-deposit ratios reach new lows during pandemic
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, numerous economic stimulus initiatives were implemented, including direct payouts to consumers and small company loan schemes. The banking system’s deposits increased dramatically as a result of this stimulus and has caused loan-to-deposit ratios to fall to nearly 30-year lows.
You can read more about the implemented initiatives at the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City website by clicking here.
OBA Bankers’ Night Out programs begin next week in Ardmore
The dates for the OBA Bankers’ Night Out programs have been finalized, with the Ardmore date coming soon. Mark your calendar for the date of the program that’s in your area of the state and plan to attend.
Bring your coworkers with you so that everyone can be up to speed on the most recent developments affecting their job. In addition to state and federal legislative updates, the program will include a discussion on the recent developments in your industry.
As in the past, the schedule for each of these meetings is:
5:30 p.m. – Drinks
6:15 p.m. – Program
7 p.m. – Dinner
PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. The cost is $50 per person. Locations and dates for this year’s events are:
- Ardmore, Sept. 16.
- Krebs, Sept. 23.
- Tulsa, Oct. 12.
- Oklahoma City, Oct. 26.
- Woodward, Nov. 2.
- Lawton, Nov. 4.
Click here for a registration form or visit the OBA events calendar to register online for the program in your area.
Please note: We will monitor the state’s COVID climate and send any necessary updates before each event.
OBA welcomes new endorsed vendor
Transfund is a debit card processor, credit card processor and ATM network committed to helping banks build strong, profitable card programs supported by innovated products and superior service. TransFund is a national top 10 EFT/ATM network and debit card processor. With over 40 years of experience in the financial services industry, it has a deep understanding of the challenges and complexities facing financial institutions. TransFund partners with financial institutions to assist them in generating revenue that far exceeds the cost of their investment. By providing tools designed specifically for growth, it enables its banks to compete with larger financial institutions without spending a lot of extra time or money.
Contact: Luke Shoemaker, VP/Senior Sales Executive
One Williams Center, 22nd Floor
Tulsa, OK 74172
Phone: (325) 280-2779, Helpdesk: (800) 588-6816
OBA education corner …
Fall is approaching, the school year is underway and football season is in full swing. Many things are on the horizon! Take note of the following:
NOTE: Effective March 16, 2020, and until further notice, TTS (our webinar provider) has extended the OnDemand access period for all ‘Live Plus Five (Days)’ registrants to 60 days (versus five business days). Also, they are waiving the $75 per location fee for additional locations.
- Best Practices in Processing Subpoenas, Garnishments and IRS Tax Levies, Sept. 8, webinar — This webinar will provide attendees with the best practices and red flags for dealing with the various legal documents served upon financial institutions. This webinar does NOT discuss the procedures mandated by particular state laws.
- Loan Documentation 101: Two-Part Series, Basic Secured Loan Doc-Sept. 8; Lien Perfection Business Collateral-Sept. 9 — Learn about loan documentation principles and specific classifications of collateral and language description requirements for UCC-1s and security agreements in this two-part webinar.
- Writing Marijuana and Hemp Policy, Sept. 14, webinar — This look at the federal picture and the state picture will help you with your thought process in developing a pro or con policy for your financial institution.
- Today’s Ransomware Threat – Don’t Lose your Data, Sept. 15, webinar — Join us to recap the statistics related to ransomware and learn how to prepare for this growing threat. Numerous published best practices will be reviewed to assist our institutions to build stronger defenses. Lessons learned from case studies captured from real world ransomware tragedies will be reflected on.
- Real Estate Lending Compliance Seminar, Sept. 14-15, Oklahoma City — This two-day program provides an overview of the real estate lending requirements from 10 regulations, along with comprehensive coverage of selected topics, policy suggestions, employee training tips, audit techniques and steps to eliminate past problems.
- Being Strategic with Base Compensation for Non-Executive Positions, Sept. 21, webinar — What questions should your bank ask about compensation below the CEO and top executives? This session will address pay equity regulations, setting job grades and determining base salary and appropriate raises for employees.
- ACH Exceptions: What and How to Handle, Sept. 22, webinar — What is an ACH exception and how do you handle it when it occurs? Many exceptions are rare, and you may find yourself second guessing what you should do. Gain a better understanding of exception processing from returns to notifications of changes to DNE and more, plus return reporting requirements.
- 2021 Fall OBA/BKD Symposium, Sept. 29, Oklahoma City — This conference is a must-attend for all directors, CEOs, CFOs and others in the banking industry who are impacted by economic, accounting, credit, legal, taxation, regulatory or other issues impacting the banking industry. The conference features industry experts from BKD’s Financial Services Group, as well as leading outside experts from the legal, economic, strategic, risk management and regulatory areas.
- TRID for Beginners, Sept. 28, webinar — This webinar will take a look at TRID from a beginner’s perspective. This is a great opportunity for you and your team to learn the basics.
- BSA Seminar, Oct. 13-Tulsa; Oct. 14-Oklahoma City — Be sure and register for this timely, one-day AML/BSA program which provides current trends and tools for today’s BSA Officers and BSA team members. This program also assists financial institutions in meeting the annual training requirements by the BSA regulations.