The Oklahoma Bankers Hall of Fame has been created by the OBA Board of Directors to honor individual bankers for their contributions to the banking industry and the State of Oklahoma.
In addition, the Hall of Fame is intended to recognize bankers’ achievements on behalf of the Association’s member banks.
- Oklahoma Bankers Hall of Fame overview.
- Oklahoma Bankers Hall of Fame nomination instructions.
- Oklahoma Bankers Hall of Fame nomination form.
Bankers make a difference in their communities every day. To rise to the level required for induction into the Hall of Fame, the nominating committee for the Hall will examine whether the individual banker has made a difference beyond their local community. The Hall of Fame will also preserve the unique history of Oklahoma’s banking greats.
The following criteria will be considered by the nominating committee when selecting individuals to be nominated for selection to the Hall of Fame:
- Affiliation (past or present) with an Association member bank.
- Service on boards or committees of the Association.
- Participation in the activities of banker trade associations at the national level, such as the American Bankers Association and Independent Community Bankers of America.
- Contributions to the development, improvement and growth of the banking industry in Oklahoma.
Whether the individual has had a significant impact on the manner in which financial services are provided to consumers.
- The individual has demonstrated the importance of community involvement and participation in the work of various community groups at the local, state and national levels.
- The number of years of service to the state and the industry.
Nominations for induction into the Oklahoma Bankers Hall of Fame may be made by any bank employee of an OBA-member bank. There is no limit on the number of nominees that can be presented to the nominating committee in any given year.
Nominees may be either living or deceased.
Nomination forms are available by clicking here and can also be obtained by calling the Association (405/424-5252) or emailing email@example.com. Anyone who was on the ballot previously but not elected will automatically be included with applications received this year for ballot selection by the Nominating Committee. They don’t need to do anything but are welcome to ‘update’ their application if they’d like. The application and other helpful information are available on our website.
Note: The deadline for receipt of applications is June 28, 2019.