In This Issue…
Registration open for 2019 Community Bankers Leadership and Senior Management Conference
The Oklahoma Bankers Association 2019 Community Bankers Leadership & Senior Management Conference is scheduled for April 7-9 at the Sheraton Grand at Wild Horse Pass in Phoenix, Arizona.
One of the key benefits of the conference will be talking to your peers. Attendees at the OBA 2019 Community Bankers Leadership & Senior Management Conference will be surrounded by those with similar titles, similar workloads, similar problems and likely solutions to issues that can be just as similar.
If you have any questions or want to get signed up, contact the OBA’s education department at 405-424-5252, or download a brochure and registration form by clicking here!
OBA 2020 Views & Vistas Photo Contest accepting submissions
The Oklahoma Bankers Association is proud to offer again the customized calendar, “Oklahoma Views & Vistas” from photographs of Oklahoma submitted by Oklahoma bankers and their family members and board of directors and their family members.
These calendars will be sold exclusively to banks across the state of Oklahoma for bankers to give to their customers to enjoy all year long!
If you or a family member is an amateur photographer and would like the opportunity to have your creativity displayed in homes and businesses across Oklahoma, the OBA has a great opportunity for you! So send us your photos of farms, barns, agricultural activities, historical Oklahoma locations, county fairs, carnivals, parades or festivals, fall colors, winter snowfalls, spring flowers or summer fun; any photo that shows the history and beauty of the great state of Oklahoma.
The deadline to submit photos is March 29. All photos submitted will be scored by a panel of judges. The top scoring photos will be featured in the 2020 Views & Vistas calendar!
OBA education corner …
Spring break is here, and the weather seems to be cooperating with that fact … so far! Even though many people are off work and most are out of school, there’s still some OBA programs to keep an eye on in the near future:
- Foreign Remittances, March 28, webinar — This webinar will cover the requirements for providers under Regulation E.
- Basic Cash Flow Analysis, April 1, webinar — Learn how to calculate cash flow using the Universal Cash Flow Analysis method (UCA), which determines the flow of cash into and out of a business entity.
- Workplace Violence Planning & Active Shooter, April 2, webinar — We’ll discuss the importance of creating a culture of awareness and reporting. You’ll learn how to develop an emergency action plan and why it’s so important. Lastly, we’ll tackle the uncomfortable but necessary response to an active shooter situation.
- Robbery Prevention & Response, April 3, webinar — How can we send the message to robbers that they should go elsewhere? Protecting our assets is critical, and our employees are our most valued asset.
- 2019 BSA/AML Seminars, April 3-Tulsa; April 4-Oklahoma City — This seminar highlights the increased federal expectations for BSA.
- 2019 Spring HR Seminar, April 18, Oklahoma City — This seminar will explore some of the new processes that technology can provide to help reduce the time human resource managers spend on day-to-day activities and focus more on the big issues they are confronted with.
- Essential Teller Issues Seminars, April 23-Oklahoma City; April 24-Enid; April 25-Ada — Essential Teller Issues is rated the most dynamic teller training experience in the country. You will want all your tellers to take part in this high-impact workshop.
Also, NOW is the time to get involved in your Association, and one good way to accomplish this is to join one of our committees! We are now taking names for those interested in our committees for the 2019-2020 year. Click here to download an interest form!
Finally, several scholarships are now available to bankers from OBA-member banks for various graduate schools of banking. Applications should be submitted to the OBA’s Janis Reeser by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), regular mail (643 N.E. 41st St., OKC, 73105) or fax (405-424-4518). The scholarship recipients will be selected and announced no later than April 22.
The deadline is approaching on all these scholarships! Click on the links below for more specific information about each scholarship: