In This Issue…
Inaugural Oklahoma Bankers Hall of Fame class announced; event set for Dec. 4
The OBA is proud to announce the inaugural group of inductees for the Oklahoma Bankers Hall of Fame, with the induction ceremony set for Dec. 4 in Oklahoma City.
Larry Briggs, with First National Bank of Shawnee; Ken Fergeson, with NBC Oklahoma in Altus; and Gene Rainbolt, with BancFirst in Oklahoma City, comprise the initial group to be inducted into the Hall of Fame, as voted on by a panel of their banking industry peers.
The ceremony will be held over lunch on Dec. 4 at the Oklahoma History Center in Oklahoma City. Stay tuned to the OBA website and upcoming OBA Updates for registration and ticket info for the event, which will be available soon!
2018 Washington Visit app available for download
The iPhone app for the 2018 OBA Washington Visit is now available for download.
If you have any questions, please contact Jeremy Cowen at the OBA.
OBA education corner …
Fall is officially here and it seems even the weather has agreed to this reality! Of course, we live in Oklahoma, so the next 90-plus degree day could be just around the corner. One thing ALWAYS just around the corner are OBA educational offerings. Take note of the following:
- The UCC for Lenders, Oct. 3, webinar — Gain a thorough understanding of UCC secured lending transactions and how they work. This webinar provides a comprehensive overview, including perfecting security interests, documentation, filing, analysis of lien positions, common mistakes and more.
- 2018 Advanced New Accounts Seminar, Oct. 10 – Tulsa; Oct. 11 – Oklahoma City — You have the basics under your belt. It’s time to tackle the next level. We will break down the requirements and translate the legalese. We’ll make sure you know what laws and rules apply and what they say. You will learn not only what you need to do, but why and when.
- 2018 Technology Conference, Oct. 25, Oklahoma City — Spend an informative, education-filled day and gain relevant, timely information and industry best practices for your technology risks and challenges.
- 2018 Real Estate Lending Compliance Seminar, Oct. 29-30, Oklahoma City — This two-day program provides an overview of the real estate lending requirements from 10 regulations, along with comprehensive coverage of selected topics, policy suggestions, and employee training tips, audit techniques and steps to eliminate past problems.
- 2018 OBA Operations School, Nov. 12-16, Oklahoma City — Operations School is designed to prepare junior-level officers to mid-level operations managers to manage effectively and efficiently an operations function within a bank. Students are exposed to numerous concepts that impact your bank’s bottom line.
- IRA Basics Seminar and IRA Update/Review Seminar, Nov. 5, Tulsa; Nov. 6, Tulsa; Nov. 7. Oklahoma City; and Nov. 8, Oklahoma City — There are so many pieces to building the IRA foundation of knowledge that it takes a lot of nuts and bolts and “brain-power” to hold it all together. Just when you finally grasp it, they change the rules again! The goal of these two days at each location is to raise your comfort level if you are a rookie and to reinforce your knowledge if you have a higher level of experience.
Additionally, insights about trends and expectations regarding agriculture and rural economies will be the focus of the Rural Economic Outlook Conference taking place Oct. 17 on Oklahoma State University’s Stillwater campus. Click here for more information and to register online.
Also, Click here to see what GSB-Madison has in store for October through December!
Finally, take note of the 7th Annual Strategic Opportunities and M&A Conference for community bank leaders taking place on Nov. 4-6 in New Orleans. Co-sponsored by the OBA, with an emphasis on free-wheeling, peer-to-peer sharing of ideas and resources, the conference aims for compact, relevant programming specifically designed for strategic decision-makers — senior executives and directors who are shaping the community banking markets of tomorrow by finding ways to succeed today. Click here for more information!