In This Issue…
Webinar replay on fighting elder abuse available
Recently, the Oklahoma Bankers Association and Oklahoma County Sheriff’s Office joined forces for a webinar concerning elder abuse, including the financial aspects of such abuse. The webinar featured the OBA’s Elaine Dodd, and gave great insight on what banks can do to help fight scams against older Americans.
Click here to access the replay of the webinar.
Early bird deadline approaching for OBA Annual Washington Visit
The OBA’s Annual Washington Visit has been scheduled for Sept. 30-Oct. 2 and the hotel will be the Marriott Marquis Washington D.C.
Registration information should have already hit your bank, but you can also download the registration and information form, and get more info on the hotel, by clicking here. Remember: you can receive $100 off your registration by signing up before the early bird deadline on Aug. 31.
If you have any questions, contact Adrian Beverage at the OBA. In the meantime, enjoy this short clip of highlights from last year’s Washington Visit!
OBA education corner …
School has started, football is starting and the weather has started to cool … well, two out of three isn’t bad! As we head into the fall semester, remember all the programs, events, seminars, schools and webinars we have scheduled. Also, take note of the following:
- What to Do When a Customer Dies, Sept. 5, webinar — We’ll walk you through the complicated process of dealing with a customer’s death – both on the deposit side and the loan side, as well as unique issues when doing business with the decedent’s estate.
- Commercial Construction Lending, Sept. 5, webinar — This program provides an overview of the key steps involved in effectively administering commercial construction loans.
- Supervisor Boot Camp, Sept. 5-6, Oklahoma City — This two-day program is exactly what you are looking for if your bank strives to keep supervisors on the competitive edge! You will work and learn, share and listen and go back eager to implement and make a difference.
- Federal Benefit Payments Garnishment Requirements, Sept. 6, webinar — Compliance officers, legal counsel and financial institution personnel who process garnishment answers should think about tuning in.
- FFIEC Guidance on Employees’ Use of Social Media, Sept. 7, webinar — You may have a social media use policy; however, if you don’t train your employees on the potential risks of social media and why there is a policy your employees may not get the big picture.
- What’s All The Fuss About Escrows? Sept. 10, webinar — This webinar covers all of the escrow rules, including the long standing and the recently revised requirements of the flood regulations, Regulation X and Regulation Z.
- 2018 OBA Basic Banking School, Sept. 10-13, Oklahoma City — The school is designed to introduce students to basic banking concepts as they relate to the overall functioning of a bank.
- CRA Nuts & Bolts – Five Steps To Pass The Exam, Sept. 11, webinar — This webinar will focus on several simple steps to ensure a successful CRA exam outcome.
- Engineering Better IT Audit Programs, Sept. 14, webinar — This session will examine in more detail how the IT Audit Program integrates with the Information Security Program.
- 2018 BSA/AML Seminar, Sept. 25 – Tulsa; Sept. 26 – Oklahoma City — BSA/AML compliance is a never-ending process. What worked fine last year may be completely inadequate this year. This program is designed to assist experienced personnel in staying ahead of BSA/AML compliance steamroller.
- 2018 OBA/BKD Symposium, Sept. 27, Oklahoma City — This conference is a must attend for all directors, CEOs, CFOs and others in the banking industry who are impacted by economic, accounting, credit, legal, taxation, regulatory or other issues impacting the banking industry.
- 2018 OBA Consumer Lending School, Oct. 1-5, Oklahoma City — The total program of this school exposes students to major issues consumer credit managers face. It provides a framework for examining a bank’s consumer credit programs, policies and procedures.
- 2018 Advanced New Accounts Seminar, Oct. 10 – Tulsa; Oct. 11 – Oklahoma City — You have the basics under your belt. It’s time to tackle the next level. We will break down the requirements and translate the legalese. We’ll make sure you know what laws and rules apply and what they say. You will learn not only what you need to do, but why and when.
Also, keep in mind Farmer Mac will have its annual Road Shows coming up. Oklahoma City is the only location this year, taking place on Oct. 9. Click here for more information!