In This Issue…
• Women In Banking conference scheduled for October
• Don’t miss our invitation to hear FinCEN on SARs
• OBA education corner …
Women In Banking conference scheduled for October
Join the OBA in partnership with the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City and Community Bankers Association of Oklahoma for the second annual Banking and the Economy: A Forum for Women in Banking.
The Forum, set for Oct. 24 at the Embassy Suites in Norman, is designed to provide senior level and high potential middle management women bank leaders with industry, leadership and professional development knowledge that will enhance their careers and networks.
At #WomenInBankingOK, you will hear from top leaders in the banking industry about current economic conditions, banking, gender equity, FinTech, Tax Reform, and leadership strategies. Featured speakers include panelist Jill Castilla, president and CEO of the Citizens Bank of Edmond; Dr. Shirley Davis, president of SDS Global Services; Dionne King, CEO and strategic consultant of DMK Consults, LLC. and many more!
Don’t miss your chance to be part of this important conversation! Registration is $100. Please register soon, as previous conferences have sold out and space is limited.
If you know someone who would benefit from attending this conference, please feel free to share this invitation.
Don’t miss our invitation to hear FinCEN on SARs
The Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection and the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network and U.S. Department of the Treasury, will host a webinar on the Joint Memorandum to encourage coordination among financial institutions, law enforcement and adult protective service agencies to protect older adults from elder financial exploitation.
The webinar will be held from 1-2:30 p.m. on Thursday, June 7. Registration is required to attend.
The webinar will focus on the importance of Suspicious Activity Reports and the role they may play in aiding law enforcement’s investigation of EFE cases with an emphasis on collaboration.
- Jenefer Duane, senior program analyst, Office for Older Americans, Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection .
- Laura Richardson, section chief, intelligence division, FinCEN, U.S. Department of Treasury.
- Peter Gallagher, deputy attorney general, New Jersey Department of Justice.
- Elaine Dodd, executive vice president, fraud division, OBA.
- Steve Vallejo, senior vice president – corporate security director, Corporate Security Investigations, Bank of the West.
For information about the Office for Older Americans, visit consumerfinance.gov/olderamericans.
For information about FinCEN, visit www.fincen.gov.
OBA education corner …
The OBA Convention is in the books and summer is upon us! While live seminars take a break during the upcoming months, our webinars NEVER do! Take note of the following:
- CRA – A Law or a Game?, June 11, webinar — This program contains core knowledge needed by all lenders to implement the new CRA rules.
- Onboarding Your New Hire, June 12, webinar — How do you check all the required boxes while still maintaining the interest of your new hire? Wow them with a genuine interest and care in their success with your organization.
- LLC Do’s and Don’ts, June 14, webinar — Learn how to open, document, change signers and handle the paperwork on these accounts.
- Notary Public, June 19, webinar — Being a notary public is a responsibility assumed by many financial institution employees. Unfortunately, most do not understand the personal liability when agreeing to serve in this capacity.
- RESPA – Those Pesky Section 9 Violations, June 19, webinar — Every financial institution has violations of Section 8. How serious are your violations? You need to be aware of your violations and take steps to eliminate them.
- BSA Series: 10 Examination Hot Spots, June 20, webinar — During this webinar, we will look at the top exam issues for 2018 and focus on avoiding the mishaps of poor planning on your examination.