- Greetings from Guy
- Is your bank open, closed on Veterans Day?
- OBA hosting technology conference in November
- OBA education corner …
Greetings from Guy
By Guy Sims
Editor’s note: Guy, Roger Beverage and several other OBA-affiliated bankers are currently in Chicago at the ABA Annual Convention. While on the road, Guy shared this photo of speaker Michael Hayden, former director of the National Security Agency and the CIA, during his afternoon speech on “Hot Spots at Home and Around the World.”
The OBA is curious if your bank is open or closed on Veterans Day, Nov. 11, this year?
If you could send a quick response to firstname.lastname@example.org, we’d be much appreciative!
The OBA will be hosing the Oklahoma Bankers Association 2017 Technology Summit on Nov. 8 in Oklahoma City. This Summit will be presented by RSM and, among other topics, will teach attendees:
- How to optimize technology performance with initiatives that align people, processes and technology to inform your organization’s business strategy.
- Discover which technology functions can be reasonably and cost-effectively outsourced, and which strategic functions need to be retained.
- Engage in collaborative conversations with peers, and discuss current and emerging technology challenges with subject matter experts.
Click here for more information!
There’s actually been a chill in the air the past few mornings, which means fall is upon us! Programs from the OBA Education Department are upon us as well – check out the following:
- Marketing & Advertising Compliance, Oct. 24, webinar — As the compliance environment becomes more complex, your marketing department must stay on top of all the rules and regulations. This session can help.
- IRA Basics Seminar and IRA Update/Review Seminar, Oct. 31, Tulsa, Nov. 1, Tulsa, Nov. 2, Oklahoma Cityand Nov. 3, Oklahoma City — There are so many pieces to building the IRA foundation of knowledge that it takes a lot of nuts and bolts and “brain-power” to hold it all together. Just when you finally grasp it, they change the rules again! The goal of these two days at each location is to raise your comfort level if you are a rookie and to reinforce your knowledge if you have a higher level of experience.
- TRID for Construction Loans, Nov. 2, webinar — This program provides answers for the many questions bankers have regarding the proper disclosure of construction loans.
- Untangling the Web of Fee Disclosures, Nov. 6, webinar — This webinar will help you untangle the intricacies of numerous fee disclosure requirements.
- Information Security Program Basics: Create and Build Your Program, Nov. 7, webinar — Explore the fundamental building blocks of a repeatable framework for cybersecurity and information security issues.
Also, take note the the Oklahoma Council on Economic Education is hosting a session on Oct. 26 in its Economic Insights Series titled “Economic Impact of Financial Cyber Crime.” The keynote speaker at the session will be Kevin Rosen, a partner at the law firm of Shutts & Bowen and former member in the Department of Enforcement at the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority. Click here for more information on this session.