- This event has passed.
What to Do When a Customer Dies, Webinar
July 22 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm CDT
Ironically, when a financial institution learns a deposit or loan customer has died, confusion and dread seem to be the normal reaction. We’ll walk you through the best practices when dealing with a customer’s death – both on the deposit side and the loan side, as well as unique issues that can arise when doing business with the decedent’s estate. This webinar provides information on best practices, rather than the unique features of any state’s probate laws.
Topics of Discussion
- What documents are required upon the death of an individual?
- What actions should your financial institution take on deposit accounts owned by the decedent?
- How should your financial institution deal with the decedent’s estate?
- What should your financial institution do if there isn’t an estate?
- How should your financial institution handle “death” as a default on a loan?
- How will the new mortgage servicing rules impact mortgage loans where the borrower has died?
- What does every lender need to know about doing business with the borrower’s estate?
- What steps can your financial institution take to protect its collateral after the borrower has died?
- How should your financial institution handle issues of guarantors, setoff and insurance once the borrower has died?
- How does the death of a key person affect the borrowings of Corporations, Partnerships, Limited Liability Companies, Trusts and other legal entities?
Who Should Attend?
New account representatives, personal bankers, customer service representatives, lenders and loan operations personnel.