« All Events
Legal Issues of Checks, Webinar
February 21 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm CST
Click Here for More Information
- Who is the person entitled to endorse the check?
- What is a valid endorsement?
- Bearer versus Order Checks
- Who is the holder of a check, and what is the holder in due course?
- Ambiguous endorsements
- Endorsements for minors, deceased parties, business accounts
- Witnessed endorsements
- Check cashing issues for business accounts
- Endorsements on income tax checks
- Trustee and power of attorney endorsements
- The simplest rule about checks that will save your financial institutions thousands of dollars
- The connections between checks and account agreements – if you have not signed the signature card you cannot get the money
- Postdated, stale dated, erasures, alterations and more lessons we need to learn
- Why your institution needs to know about the negligence rule and the bank statement rule
- Should we check endorsements and send them back as "missing"?
- Treasury checks, postal money orders and other special checks
- Why we absolutely do not give cash back, cash or deposit into personal accounts checks made payable to a business