Implementing the Fair Debt Collection Act and Reg F, Webinar
May 3 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm CDT
- When a financial institution is covered by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and Regulation F;
- Prohibitions regarding communication:
- At unusual or inconvenient times or places;
- With a consumer represented by an attorney;
- With a consumer with a consumer at his/her place of employment;
- After a consumer refuses to pay or provides a cease communication notice;
- With third parties;
- Rules regarding acquisition of location information;
- Prohibitions regarding:
- Harassing, Oppressive, or Abusive Conduct;
- False, Deceptive, or Misleading Representations or Means;
- Unfair or Unconscionable Means;
- Collection of Time-Barred Debts;
- Validation Notices;
- Disputes and Requests for Original-Creditor Information;
- Required Disclosures; and
- Electronic Disclosure Options.
Who Should Attend?
The program is designed for senior lending management, collection personnel, loan officers, compliance officers, and auditors. Whether new to the requirements of FDCPA and Regulation F or a seasoned veteran, this program provides a comprehensive review of the revisions.