E-Sign for Lending – Challenges and Solutions, Webinar
December 8 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm CST
The world of electronic banking continues to evolve and bankers want to keep pace with technology and customer preferences. Recent surveys indicate that 51% of adults in the U.S. bank online and 32% bank with mobile phones. Customers expect more digital access at a time that cybersecurity has become a significant threat. The March 2019 “breach” of 106 million records from credit card applications and 140,00 Social Security numbers from a national financial institution has brought additional scrutiny to compliance with both cyber-security and consumer protection regulations. What steps must be followed to be in compliance with E-Sign? What NEW steps should be taken to verify the customer’s identity in view of an increased risk of identity theft?
- What are the rules? Learn about Federal regulations for E-Sign
- Which lending regulations are related to E-Sign and have specific provisions for compliance?
- Recent court cases and potential liability issues
- How do you comply with the “delivery” requirements of Integrated Disclosures for Loan Estimates and Closing Disclosures?
- What are “digital signatures”? What are some best practices?
- What are the retention requirements for loan documents
- Learn the Six-Step Process for Consumer Consent
- Basic Steps for E-Sign Implementation
- Tips for cyber-security and fraud detection of identity theft
Who Should Attend?
This informative session will be helpful to ensure compliance with e-banking and is targeted for Compliance officers, Lending staff and Loan operations, Operations Managers, and others responsible for managing online banking, E-SIGN compliance, e-statements, and e-disclosures