- This event has passed.
E-Sign for Lending – Challenges and Solutions, Webinar
November 30, 2021 @ 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm CST
What steps must be followed to be in compliance with E-Sign? What steps should be taken to verify the customer’s identity in view of an increased risk of identity theft? This session will explain the intersection of E-SIGN and cybersecurity while providing valuable tips for educating consumers and identifying fraud.
A global information security organization reported that 85 of 100 financial institutions experienced fraud in the digital account opening process. It’s crucial that financial institutions use multilayered methods for fraud screening. Yet, consumers expect more digital access at a time that cybersecurity has become a significant threat. What steps should be taken to verify the customer’s identity in view of an increased risk of identity theft?
- What are the rules? Learn about Federal regulations for E-Sign
- Which lending regulations are related to E-Sign and have specific provisions for compliance?
- Recent court cases and potential liability issues
- How do you comply with the “delivery” requirements of Integrated Disclosures for Loan Estimates and Closing Disclosures?
- What are “digital signatures”? What are some best practices?
- What are the retention requirements for loan documents
- Learn the Six-Step Process for Consumer Consent
- Basic Steps for E-Sign Implementation
- Tips for cyber-security and fraud detection of identity theft
Who Should Attend?
This informative session will be helpful to ensure compliance with e-banking and is targeted for Compliance officers, Lending staff and Loan operations, Operations Managers, and others responsible for managing online banking, E-SIGN compliance, e-statements, and e-disclosures.