« All Events
Do’s and Don’ts on Power of Attorney Documents, Webinar
August 13 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm CDT
Click Here for More Information
- Types of Power of Attorneys—Springing, durable, specific, military and other types of POAs
- CFPB guidelines for POAs
- Specific types of power of attorneys on treasury checks
- State law issues on power of attorneys: Affidavits for Power of Attorneys, POAs accepting the job and recording of the Power of Attorney
- Durable versus nondurable power of attorneys—what is the risk?
- Can you have a POAs on trusts, businesses, UTMA, Social Security Accounts, IRAs and other fiduciary relationships
- What can a power of attorney do? Can a power of attorney make a loan? Open a safe deposit box? Sign a signature card? Remove an authorized signer?
- What happens when a POA tries to benefit his or herself such as naming his or herself as Joint WROS, or POD beneficiary?
- When a conservator is named by the court, does it bump a POA?
- How should power of attorneys endorse checks?
- Who do you run your Customer Identification Program on? Owner or Power of attorney?
- Can the financial institution set rules for power of attorneys and when should that be done?
- And much, much more…