« All Events
CRA Nuts & Bolts – Five Steps to Pass the Exam,Webinar
January 21, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm CST
Click Here for More Information
- Five steps for managing a CRA exam and the importance of developing a CRA strategy.
- Tips for banks that are ISB (intermediate small banks of $321 million in the prior two calendar years and the transition to CRA reporting when the large bank threshold of $1.284 billion is reached. The new limits were announced on December 28, 2018.
- Learn how to document lending activity in designated disaster areas.
- What's included in a performance context? Learn how to describe your institution, quantify the ability and capacity of the bank to meet credit needs based on financial data. Learn how to highlight the positive outcomes of your lending focus and business strategy.
- Tips to describe your assessment area including demographic and economic data resources.
- Best practices to deal with CRA-related complaints and potential fair lending issues that can threaten a successful exam.
- Definitions of Community Development Loans and Services
- Ideas for passing the Investment Test portion of the exam
- Overview of a proposal to reform CRA rules. The OCC announced on November 11, 2019 that they plan to issue a proposal soon that is supported by the FDIC. At this time the Federal Reserve hadn't agreed to some of the elements of the proposal.
- Helpful CRA compliance resources and regulatory guidance