- This event has passed.
Controlling the Risks of Power of Attorney Documents,Webinar
June 3, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm CDT
- What are the relationships among the customer, the attorney-in-fact and the financial institution?
- What is the difference between a durable and non-durable power of attorney?
- How does a financial institution determine if a power of attorney is general or limited
- What steps must a financial institution take to protect itself when relying on a Power of Attorney?
- What language should the financial institution look for in the Power of Attorney document when completing a transaction for the attorney-in-fact?
- How is a Power of Attorney revoked and when is that revocation binding on the financial institution?
- What transactions create the greatest risks for financial institutions relying on power of attorney documents?
- What attorney-in-fact representations may a financial institution typically rely upon?
- How should a financial institution handle out-of-state powers of attorney?
Who Should Attend?
Financial institution employees involved with opening new accounts, deposit or loan documentation and operations will find this seminar very useful.