- This event has passed.
Compliance Responsibilities in Foreclosures – What are the Expectations Now?, Webinar
November 19, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm CST
Unfortunately, the last 18 months have seen many consumers in trouble, both because of the pandemic as well as the resulting dip in the labor market and overall economy. And this then means many borrowers have defaulted on their mortgage loans, forcing lenders and servicers to consider foreclosing. And with the many moratoria against foreclosing and later extensions, it seems as though there will be many foreclosures initiated in a very short period of time. What are you permitted to do? What notices must be provided? The foreclosure process is by its nature a state-specific endeavor, but there are federal requirements as well. The CFPB and other federal agencies have instituted numerous requirements that must be met before foreclosures can be initiated.
This webinar will discuss those requirements and provide guidance on the proper steps to follow to ensure you understand all the requirements when considering or initiating a foreclosure action.
The “Compliance Responsibilities in Foreclosures – What are the Expectations Now?” webinar has been approved for 2.5 CRCM credits. This statement is not an endorsement of this program or its sponsor. Credits are redeemable for Live attendance only. Certification holders must report these credits at https://aba.csod.com.
- The nature of foreclosing – what happens?
- Critical servicing requirements when a loan defaults that must be followed before foreclosing
- Timing requirements
- Notice rules
- Federal agency mandates and rules before and during the foreclosure process
- Tax reporting
- General discussion on state laws and rules (note: each state is different, so we cannot speak to any individual state’s laws on foreclosures)
- Additional regulatory requirements