Call Report Impacts and a Look at 2021, Webinar
December 17 @ 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm CST
Call Report changes that took place during 2020 were not insignificant. The impact of COVID-19 resulted in new reporting requirements related to the CARES Act and the regulatory agencies’ interim and final Rules. In addition, new accounting standards have impacted the complexity of the schedules within the Call Report, whether a reporting bank files the FFIEC 041 or 051 report.
This 90-minute webinar will recap the most significant changes that impacted the 2020 Call Report, whether from the impact of COVID-19, the implementation of new accounting standards, or other regulatory reporting changes. Common questions and reporting uncertainties that have surfaced over the course of the past two quarters will be incorporated into the presentation.
In addition, as new guidelines emerge for 2021 reporting, the webinar will provide the current information as may be available to assist participants plan and be prepared for March 31, 2021.
Participants will receive a copy of the presentation and a supplement handout that describes the areas impacted by the CARES Act, the regulatory final rules, and accounting standards updates impacting 2020 and 2021.
- FIL 97-2020 impact items on reporting TDRs and Reference Rate Reform
- The impact of the CARES Act and the Revised Statement issued by the regulators related to reporting loan modifications in 2020 and a look forward in determining potential TDR classification.
- The Community Bank Leverage Ratio and the phase-in ratio applicable to an eligible bank’s 2021 reporting in RC-R.
- Neutralization on the calculation of the leverage ratio and risk weighting for banks that participated in the PPP lending program.
- The optional temporary relief from CECL adoption and the impact to the December 31, 2020 Call Report.
- The optional calculation for reportable Eligible Retained Earnings (for capital conservation buffer) reportable in Schedule RC-R.
- Regulation D Reserve Requirements and reporting savings accounts in RC-E.
- Regulatory reporting revisions effective for the March 31, 2021 Call Report related to reporting open-end and closed-end revolving lines of credit secured by 1-4 family residential real estate.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone responsible for preparing, auditing, or signing the Call Report will find the program valuable. The seminar is designed for more experienced preparers and reviewers interested in new reporting requirements and up-to-date rulings impacting preparation of the Call Report.