In This Issue…
- Spending expectations rise in February according to N.Y. Fed survey
- OBA hiring for office staff position
- Registration open for Emerging Leaders Forum
- OBA education corner …
Spending expectations rise, according to N.Y. Fed survey
According to the Federal Reserve Bank of New York’s monthly Survey of Consumer Expectations, Americans’ expectations for personal spending in the next year increased to 4.7% in March. This is is the highest reading since December 2014. The outlook for household income growth increased by 0.4 percentage point to 2.8%.
Expectations for price inflation at the three-year point increased 0.1 percentage point to 3.2% in March, and home price expectations will rise increased 0.8 percentage point to 4.8% in March. Read the full release here.
OBA hiring for office staff position
The OBA is currently looking for an employee to handle multiple duties around the offices. The position’s duties would include receptionist and front desk responsibilities, but also comprise of responsibilities in other departments, including accounting.
Those interested can contact Lea Ann Jackson (email@example.com) at the OBA for a full job description and information on how to apply.
Registration open for Emerging Leaders Forum
Registrations are currently being accepted for the 2021 Emerging Leaders Forum, to be held virtually April 28-29. The forum runs for three hours each over two days, and attendees will hear from ABA leadership as well as experts about the science of energy management, organizational change and strategic thinking.
Attendees will also have access to the Leadership in Action suite of online courses, which provide techniques for cultivating a collaborative team environment. The virtual event has no travel costs and will be followed by opportunities to reconnect at working sessions throughout the year. Register here.
OBA education corner …
April showers bring May flowers and new OBA education events! Check them out below.
NOTE: Effective March 16, 2020, and until further notice, TTS (our webinar provider) has extended the OnDemand access period for all ‘Live Plus Five (Days)’ registrants to 60 days (versus five business days). Also, they are waiving the $75 per location fee for additional locations.
- Top 10 Most Frequent Flood Issues, webinar, April 21 — This program is for those involved in obtaining and maintaining flood insurance on mortgage loans and will cover the top 10 issues surrounding the category.
- Understanding Revocable and Irrevocable Trust Documents, webinar, April 22 — This presentation will provide financial institution personnel with best practices to use when dealing with these complex legal documents.
- BSA 101 for New BSA Compliance Officers, webinar, April 23 — This session will provide new BSA Compliance Officers with information on the laws and rules, as well as guidance on resources that can help make their jobs easier.
- 2021 Teller Seminars, April 26, Oklahoma City, April 27, Pete’s Place, April 28, Tulsa — The program zeroes in on six modules that remind your tellers of the importance of what they do, how they do it, what they say, and how they deliver customer service. Essential Teller Issues is an information-packed, attention grabbing fast-paced workshop.