In This Issue…
- New home sales fall 18.2 percent in February
- OBA welcomes new strategic members
- OBA education corner …
New home sales fall 18.2 percent in February
The U.S. Census Bureau and Housing and Urban Development released new residential sales statistics for February 2021 today. New single-family home sales fell 18.2% below the revised January rate of 948,000 but is 8.2% above the February 2020 estimate.
OBA welcomes new strategic members
AeroVision.io, LLC is a data as a service provider. We help community banks integrate data between existing applications to enable automated reporting while removing a lot of manual data entry. We are the Jack Henry Vendor Integrations Partner in Oklahoma, our typical client needs help extracting data from Jack Henry into an Automated Data Visualization Tool for reporting key metrics and monitoring risk of the organization.
GMR is a diverse supplier, woman-owned and operated firm, specializing in ATM lighting compliance surveys, custom facility inspections, engineered lighting designs, program management, 3D laser scanning and security consulting. We self-perform over 45,000 inspections and engineered solutions each year nationwide.
By migrating your data and hardware into a true financial services data center like RACK59, a financial institution can deploy low-latency edge computing networks that keep them a step ahead of their competitors and delivering the services their customers want, when they want them.
OBA education corner …
It is almost officially spring! The sun is shining and flowers aren’t the only thing soon to be popping up. Check out these upcoming OBA education events.
NOTE: Effective March 16, 2020, and until further notice, TTS (our webinar provider) has extended the OnDemand access period for all ‘Live Plus Five (Days)’ registrants to 60 days (versus five business days). Also, they are waiving the $75 per location fee for additional locations.
- Checks – Endorsements, Fraud and Compliance Issues, webinar, March 30 — This program will look at who has the right to endorse the back of a check, and where is proper endorsement placement. We’ll also look at what happens if a check is not endorsed properly, when it may be best not to accept the check at all due to missing or problem endorsements, why we do not put business checks into personal accounts and why we do not give less cash on business accounts.
- Basic Bankruptcy for Bankers, webinar, March 31 — This webinar will introduce you to the world of bankruptcy.
- CTRs and SARS: Line by Line, webinar, March 31 — We will review line-by-line the text fields and requirements to complete the SAR, and review changes made by FinCEN to the FAQs on joint accounts and multiple roles on CTRs, as well as new business account rules.
- Best-Ever Compliance Checklists for Commercial Loans, webinar, April 1 — This colorful checklist, patterned after the popular Best-Ever Consumer Checklists, will guide bankers through those compliance traps and ensure compliance.
- Overdraft Programs – The Danger Zones, webinar, April 6 — This program is designed to provide an update and the steps needed to complete an overdraft service checkup on your program before examiners arrive.
- Understanding Commercial Real Estate Loan Documents, webinar, April 6 — Taught at a basic level (for bankers, not lawyers), the instructor will lead participants through all sections of the various required real estate loan documents.
- Managing a Successful Call Center, webinar, April 7 — This webinar will go over the three key factors that must be present in order to deliver on an exceptional Call Center experience for members, and how to implement them.
- FFIEC Information Security Handbook Review, webinar, April 9 — This program will go over governance of the Information Security Program, security operations, recurring requirements listed in the FFIEC Booklet, and more.
- 2021 Spring Human Resources Seminar, April 22, Oklahoma City — Today’s HR professionals must be well-versed in areas such as employment law, workplace safety, staffing and the latest technologies that impact the HR role. This makes ongoing Human Resources education and training an absolute necessity.
- 2021 Teller Seminars, April 26, Oklahoma City, April 27, Pete’s Place, April 28, Tulsa — The program zeroes in on six modules that remind your tellers of the importance of what they do, how they do it, what they say, and how they deliver customer service. Essential Teller Issues is an information-packed, attention grabbing fast-paced workshop.
- Advanced Commercial Lending C&I Lending Seminar, May 7, Oklahoma City — This two-part seminar will cover commercial & lending in today’s competitive market, and commercial real estate lending in today’s economy.
Are you interested in joining an OBA board or committee? Click here to complete the Committee Interest Form for 2021-2022. We would love for you to get involved!