In This Issue…
Get involved with an OBA committee
Are you interested in joining an OBA board or committee? Click here to complete the Committee Interest Form for 2021-2022. We would love for you to get involved!
2021 OBA college scholarship available
Each year, the OBA awards a $1,000 scholarship to an incoming freshman who has a parent, grandparent, sibling or spouse who is a Professional Member of the Association.
The student must enroll in an accredited Oklahoma institution of higher education. The applicant must also be graduating from an Oklahoma high school. A panel of bankers will select the winning applicant.
Click here to access the application for the 2021 scholarship. Applications are due April 16, 2021.
Questions? Contact Megan McGuire at our office at 405-424-5252 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OBA education corner …
It is almost officially spring! The sun is shining and flowers aren’t the only thing soon to be popping up. Check out these upcoming OBA education events.
NOTE: Effective March 16, 2020, and until further notice, TTS (our webinar provider) has extended the OnDemand access period for all ‘Live Plus Five (Days)’ registrants to 60 days (versus five business days). Also, they are waiving the $75 per location fee for additional locations.
- COVID Vaccines, Paid Leave and Accommodations, webinar, March 23 — The objective of this session is to provide attendees with most recent legal/regulatory guidance. We will include time for questions, to make the session as interactive as possible.
- BSA: CIP and CDD, webinar, March 23 — This program will evaluate CDD and EDD regulation, exam guidance and provide thoughts on how to proceed with a program that is sales friendly to the account holder.
- 2020/2021 IRA Reporting Requirements 101, webinar, March 25 — While we will mostly focus on the IRA reports required by the financial institution vs. the client’s own required forms filed with their tax return, the other forms will also have a quick overview.
- Treasury Management: A Powerful Took To Increase Deposits And Fee Income, webinar, March 25 — You will walk away from this course with a deeper knowledge of Treasury Management, learn to conduct risk assessments on new products, and learn strategies to increase core deposits.
- Checks – Endorsements, Fraud and Compliance Issues, webinar, March 30 — This program will look at who has the right to endorse the back of a check, and where is proper endorsement placement. We’ll also look at what happens if a check is not endorsed properly, when it may be best not to accept the check at all due to missing or problem endorsements, why we do not put business checks into personal accounts and why we do not give less cash on business accounts.
- Basic Bankruptcy for Bankers, webinar, March 31 — This webinar will introduce you to the world of bankruptcy.
- CTRs and SARS: Line by Line, webinar, March 31 — We will review line-by-line the text fields and requirements to complete the SAR, and review changes made by FinCEN to the FAQs on joint accounts and multiple roles on CTRs, as well as new business account rules.
- 2021 Basic Personal & Business Tax Return Analysis, April 8, Tulsa, April 9, Oklahoma City — Attend this proactive seminar and gain an understanding of the often complex and confusing topic of TAXES!
The OBA is proud to promote the recognition of bankers who have devoted 50 or more years of service to the banking industry. All eligible nominees will be honored at the 2021 OBA Convention, held May 24-26.
Also, applications are open for the GSB-Madison Graduate Banking School Prochnow scholarship. Click here to read about the scholarship and apply. Applications should be sent to email@example.com by March 19.