In This Issue…
- FDIC amends application requirements for establishment, relocation of branches
- Order holiday closing signs now
- OBA education corner …
FDIC amends application requirements for establishment, relocation of branches
As part of its ongoing effort to review and rescind outdated or irrelevant regulations and guidance, the FDIC has issued a final rule amending its application requirements for the establishment and relocation of branches and offices. Under the final rule, these applications will no longer require statements regarding compliance with the National Historic Preservation Act of 1966 and the National Environmental Policy Act of 1969.
The final rule removes references to compliance statements and rescinds two statements of policy related to the NHPA and NEPA. These changes — which are expected to reduce the costs associated with filing branch applications for affected institutions — will also align the FDIC with other federal banking agencies.
Order holiday closing signs now
Customers need to know that Oklahoma banks are closed in observance of several holidays each year. OBA makes this easy by offering member banks a set of eleven decorative 6”x9”decals.
Static-cling decal signs clearly notify customers of your holiday closings. Each decal has a holiday design with the bank closing dates as observed by the Federal Reserve. Additional blank decals are provided to write on for emergency closings. English edition or English/Spanish edition are available.
Click here to access the order form for the holiday closing signs.
OBA education corner …
The holiday season is creeping in and Thanksgiving is just around the corner. Here’s something to be thankful for – more and more live events are starting to peek their heads out from underneath the pandemic blanket! Look for those coming up soon.
NOTE: Effective March 16, and until further notice, TTS (our webinar provider) has extended the OnDemand access period for all ‘Live Plus Five (Days)’ registrants to 60 days (versus five business days). Also, they are waiving the $75 per location fee for additional locations.
- Dealing with Appraisals: Regulations & Requirements, webinar, Nov. 24 — We’ll provide in-depth details of the appraisal and valuation process, from both the lender and appraiser side of the game, to provide a thorough understanding of what is required and what you need.
- Lending 101: Overview of Federal Laws, webinar, Nov. 24 — In this unique webinar, Anne Lolley will provide an overview of federal compliance laws. This is a great training tool for newer lenders and processors, and the webinar will help even experienced bankers understand the source of the various requirements.
- Phishing 101: How Employees Are Targets, webinar, Nov. 30 — This discussion will highlight the advancements in cybercrime and social engineering that are targeting our people resources. Best practices will be discussed for processes necessary to improve the weakest links in our institutions.
- Are Safe Deposit Boxes on Their Way Out?, webinar, Dec. 1 — This presentation provides answers for the most frequently asked “phasing out” questions and addresses the many important “Pros & Cons” for continuing or discontinuing safe deposit boxes.
- 2020 OBA/BKD “Mini” Symposium, Dec. 8, Tulsa; Dec. 9, Oklahoma City — The mini-symposium will provide participants with an overview of complex accounting standards, solutions to frequently asked accounting questions and common accounting pitfalls, discussion and overview of accounting matters related to PPP and loan accommodations, COVID-19 accounting considerations and potential financial statement impacts, and current updates to tax law and COVID considerations.
Also, this year is (finally!) coming close to an end, and we have next year’s OBA schools on the calendar. Click here to download the schedule and sign up to receive more information on schools you may be interested in.