In This Issue…
- Small business optimism remains unchanged in October
- Check out OBA’s Strategic Members COVID-19 Resource Page
- OBA education corner …
Small business optimism remains unchanged in October
The NFIB Small Business Optimism Index remained unchanged in October, measuring 104 points. While business conditions have improved, many respondents reported increased uncertainty driven by the elections and uncertain conditions in future months due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
A seasonally adjusted net 18% of owners plan to create new jobs, down 5 points. The percent of owners thinking it’s a good time to expand remained unchanged at 13%. Thirty-three percent of respondents reported job openings they could not fill in the current period, down 3 points from September’s number.
To read the full ABA article and find the NFIB report, click here.
Check out OBA’s Strategic Members COVID-19 Resource Page
To help our member banks have access to as many resources as possible during the COVID-19 pandemic, the OBA is collecting information from our strategic members and other affiliated businesses that are providing important information and help.
OBA education corner …
The holiday season is creeping in and Thanksgiving is just around the corner. Here’s something to be thankful for – more and more live events are starting to peek their heads out from underneath the pandemic blanket! Look for those coming up soon.
NOTE: Effective March 16, and until further notice, TTS (our webinar provider) has extended the OnDemand access period for all ‘Live Plus Five (Days)’ registrants to 60 days (versus five business days). Also, they are waiving the $75 per location fee for additional locations.
- Introduction to Conducting a Compliance Audit/Review, webinar, Nov. 18 — This webinar will provide an overview of the tools and resources available for conducting a compliance review as well as areas to review and questions to ask.
- Legal Liabilities when Check Fraud Occurs, webinar, Nov. 19 — If you’re confused about what your financial institution’s legal responsibility might be in various check fraud situations, this seminar is for you.
- Top Fifty “Most Important” Safe Deposit Procedures, webinar, Nov. 20 — This webinar will provide clear, concise answers to all the basic or complicated questions regarding your institution’s responsibility, liability and daily operating procedures. In addition, you will receive information about many current safe deposit lawsuits and other nationwide horror stories.
- Lending 101: Overview of Federal Laws, webinar, Nov. 24 — In this unique webinar, Anne Lolley will provide an overview of federal compliance laws. This is a great training tool for newer lenders and processors, and the webinar will help even experienced bankers understand the source of the various requirements.
- 2020 Loan Structure Documentation & Compliance, Dec. 2, Tulsa; Dec. 3, Oklahoma City — Attend this proactive seminar and receive a thorough overview of commercial lending requirements from a “loan” structure, documentation, and compliance perspective.
- 2020 OBA/BKD “Mini” Symposium, Dec. 8, Tulsa; Dec. 9, Oklahoma City — The mini-symposium will provide participants with an overview of complex accounting standards, solutions to frequently asked accounting questions and common accounting pitfalls, discussion and overview of accounting matters related to PPP and loan accommodations, COVID-19 accounting considerations and potential financial statement impacts, and current updates to tax law and COVID considerations.